Small chance of next MNF game of Bears-Vikings game being played in the Dome (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well, Detroit is the choice for the MNF game tmrw b/w the Giants-Vikings, but apparently the Dome was offered as well. And it's still an option for next week's MNF game b/w the Vikings and Bears. Interesting if this were to happen.

The National Football League considered the Louisiana Superdome as an alternate venue for the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game, which now will be played at Ford Field in Detroit on Monday night because of stadium problems in Minneapolis.

“We offered up our stadium for Monday night,’’ Thornton told NewOrleans.Com. “But they had a better option in Detroit. Our offer still stands next week if the Metrodome isn’t ready and the Vikings need a place to play.’’

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/saints/saints-news/548806.html

hey thats cool man, pretty aweful for the fans tho, last minute trip to nola? life could be much worse than that

I heard for tomorrows game at Ford Field that they were doing free admission. If next weeks game is in NOLA, Saints fans should show up and boooo both teams for everything they do.

I think that if they can't get the Dome there repaired they will use the Golden Gophers stadium and tell the Bears to bring the cold weather gear.

Some of the dome staff who work Saints game were telling me same thing. they act like its a possibility but nothing definite. i agree though that the golden gophers should host the game if metrodome not available.

PS reason they'd choose New Orleans is b/c the New Orleans bowl is here sat nite (8pm, troy vs Ohio), thus ESPN cameras would already be in place. that was a big factor in decision about Detroit hosting. remember, monday nights are on ESPN and there are no other nfl stadiums set up with cameras next week. the other 2 bowl games (both saturday) are in New Mexico and at Boise.

I heard for tomorrows game at Ford Field that they were doing free admission. If next weeks game is in NOLA, Saints fans should show up and boooo both teams for everything they do.

How amazing for Detroit. They get their first professional football game, AND they don't have to pay to watch it?!?!

This is not Detroit man, this is the Superbowl!

No, it doesn't really have much relevance. But who cares. Its still loads of fun.

Not saying it will happen but it "COULD" Happen, Atlanta Georgia will have some snow this week, strong wind and temperatures below 20's.. if this weather keeps up like it is with the way the Metrodome Tent Roof just fell in, the league and the state of Georgia will be paranoid with their own stadium which has the exact same Pitched Tent material, snow fall around the time our game arrive could shift the game to New Orleans and give u another Home game against Atlanta.. (Just a thought)

The NFL should've made the Vikings go to NY for a "home game" like what we had to do.

If it comes to pass, it could be the first time in the history of the universe that BOTH teams are booed during pregame introductions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom