Smile , We're still in great shape (1 Viewer)

The Saints willl lose some players and coaches. Dennis Allen might be gone too. It will be a totally new team next year.
I hope so, as long as it is players and coaches that I think have not been all that good. And so far, the only person I wish we had not lost, was Fontenot. Everyone else today, good ridance!

This is not the end of an era. Over the past few seasons , we've been given a glimpse at life post Drew. We've nearly completed a seasons worth of games without him , and won all but one !

We've seen great teams fall to the wayside after their glorious runs at the lombardi.

The 15-1 Panthers
The Defensive Juggernaut 49ers
Peyton Mannings Broncos to name a few

They've all had to blow up their teams and start from scratch.

We will not.

Because we have a young elite core.
Because we have an elite defense
Because we have the best coach in football
Because we have the best GM in football
Because we create stars out of mere dust
Because Tampa sold their souls for a ring they still won't get , and we got their Future in return.

The NFC south is still ours.

Tampa can't keep all that talent together , Tom is older than Drew. That team came with an expiration date !

The Panthers suck

Atlanta is a constant joke and in full rebuild mode.

I love Drew , and I'll miss him dearly. But I trust Sean,

If he says Taysom is Steve Young , I'm taking it to the bank.

If Drew told a Heisman winning QB who he's mentored , that he's got all the tools , and it's his team now , I trust him.

Either way , we aren't rebuilding , we just finished reloading.
The salary cap says otherwise. It will take a season at least from what I’m reading

Next season, in addition to the NFC South games and games versus the NFCC and NFCW champs, the Saints get all of the NFC East and the AFC East, something that last happened 12 years ago . . .

There’s honestly no way to know when a schedule if a schedule is tough......surely not a year early.

I was reading somewhere where the Bucs have a lot FA’s next yr including evans, godwin, AB, David, Barrett with only 28 mil in cap space. Like us, they will lose key players too. It eventually happens to every team

I was reading somewhere where the Bucs have a lot FA’s next yr including evans, godwin, AB, David, Barrett with only 28 mil in cap space. Like us, they will lose key players too. It eventually happens to every team
Yeah, they rented a team to place around Brady.

The same thing could have been said about Steve young before he became "Steve
Young".

The same also could be said about Colin Kaepernick, RG3, Tyrod Taylor ... (this list is too long)

We have one of the best offensive minds in NFL history. The game has evolved into "basketball on grass". There has never been more space for offenses to operate and now SP will be able to take advantage of that space again. SP can get back to stretching teams out horizontally and vertically.

It's like he's been a boxer who could only use his left hand. All he could do was jab and occasionally throw a hook. Teams knew what was coming but we've still had so much success. What happens now that defenses have to respect the entire field again?

Very well put - but this is also why we NEED to find him a very talented QB. not necessarily elite, but someone who can play in his sandbox. So I think that means it'll be worth it to give up some assets to ensure that's the case. Otherwise we're wasting him.

Maybe I'm wrong and the opposite is true - if he can get the most out of average talent, we should keep our top defense and surround him with skilled playmakers and we'll be fine. it's an interesting and worthy debate... but in my mind the best path to victory is to get a high-level QB under center who can really let Sean be Sean.

Winston/Hill certainly aren't Mahomes.

Winston certainly has the ability to be something close if he simply fixes that decision making issue. He has some escapability, a big arm, and clearly understands the game. If people watched Winston's last season with the Bucs, there was a lot (not saying all of them or anything, he made some terrible throws that deserved to be picked) batted/tipped by WRs right into a DB's hand. Mix that with a good bit of hero ball and you get thirty picks. He could've just as easily been at 40 TDs and 5,000 yards, and I wouldn't be surprised if he reached that with the right coaching/group around him, either.

This team is not in great shape. We are close to $100 million over cap. We are losing lots of talented players. Three good things: we have a Hall of fame coach, we’re in the NFC South and the NFL expanded the playoffs.

The same thing could have been said about Steve young before he became "Steve
Young".
SMH...Dude was on record pace for fumbling. He played against the 31st ranked pass defense twice. SP saved him from doing anything dumb in Denver, and when the defense laid an egg against the Eagles he couldn't do anything. Steve Young was a "suck' then got to a great organization, Taysom is here and the Steve Young talk is just a hype train for someone to bite on. If anyone though that, why didn't any team offer a 1st rounder for him? Steve Young...Lamar Jackson...I don't see Taysom!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom