Smith considering changes as Falcons chase Saints (1 Viewer)

You know, I honestly can't remember having gone 6 games without playing a divisional opponent before, but I agree with perret316 that we may still see some plays from GW's playbook that we haven't seen yet.

i see this game being a matchup nightmare for the Falcons. Ryan has looked average this year and with the way our secondary is playing and the way we stop the run, we will render the Falcons one dimensional and feast on Ryan's mistakes. also the Falcons D hasn't played well this year except against the 49ers, Dolphins and Bears, all teams who only rely on the run. when the Falcons have played teams who are multi dimensional and that have attacked their secondary, they have struggled mightly. i think this will be another banner week for Brees. the Falcons just do not have the personnel to rush the passer like the dolphins and with extra time Brees will likely stake us to a large lead, rendering the run game null in void and making Ryan beat us. which i'm still not sure he can do.
You obviously have not watched the games if you think Ryan has looked "average". He has looked much better than average. I think that is just the Saint fan coming out in you.

As far as the game the two areas that could be the deciding factor of the game is our pass rush and our secondary. You obviously do not watch the Falcons Cowboys game to say we "do not have the personnel to rush the passer like the Dolphins". We had 2 sacks on Romo and almost had a couple more. I know in the highlights they showed the one on the TD pass to Crayton. We have a pretty good pass rush, but a pretty good pass rush is different when you are playing Brees cause he gets the ball out faster than the average QB.

If our pass rush cannot be effective and our corners already as weak as they are then this game could get out of hand real fast. I don't expect the Saints to have a great day against the Falcons defensively, but i would be surprised if the offense didnt put up at least 28pts.

I think the Saints take this one. Seems like yall are hitting on all cylinders and the Dome is going to be ridiculous (I'll be there) so i think yall will end up taking this one.

31-24 Saints

i see this game being a matchup nightmare for the Falcons. Ryan has looked average this year and with the way our secondary is playing and the way we stop the run, we will render the Falcons one dimensional and feast on Ryan's mistakes. also the Falcons D hasn't played well this year except against the 49ers, Dolphins and Bears, all teams who only rely on the run. when the Falcons have played teams who are multi dimensional and that have attacked their secondary, they have struggled mightly. i think this will be another banner week for Brees. the Falcons just do not have the personnel to rush the passer like the dolphins and with extra time Brees will likely stake us to a large lead, rendering the run game null in void and making Ryan beat us. which i'm still not sure he can do.

I agree...it could get ugly for them quick.

They lost a starting CB in a secondary that was suspect to begin with. Drew at home, in dome, is in his comfort zone and I see no reason that will change Monday night.

I dont know what the NFL record is for teams coring 40+, but I can see this game with us ending up with 40+.

I'm hoping for some of Payton's patented "new wrinkles" for this game that the Falcons have no answer for (like using the FB against Dallas a few years ago). While Smith might change things up I expect the Saints to throw something at them they've never seen - could this be the game where Payton unleashes the wildcat or a gameplan around Shockey? Could be. Gregg Williams will have his guys ready too. I hope they come out at full throttle and never look back......
Thats funny you mentioned that Cowboys game cause we played them after yall and our FB scored 3 td's just like yalls did.

they have to "win" this game in order to get back into not oly the division race but the playoff race.

The Falscon are still right in the middle of the playoff race. They are tied for third place in the NFC with quite a few teams. Even if they lose to the Saints. they will still be in the race.

If they lose to the Saints, the division championship would be bleak, but the Falcons can still make the playoffs. They still have games left against the Bucs and Panthers.

Clark, I respect your attempt to counter the arguments here, but if you really think Matty is in any way shape or form ready for the D schemes GW is prepping, I'm thinking your glasses aren't rose colored, they're completely blacked out. He's still young, man. Talented yes, but young. His ability to read the D is gonna be severely tested.

Don't take this personally, but the Falcons aren't going to leave the Dome with a win. And don't be too embarrassed when the Brees machine puts up 40+ on you. You guys will join an elite group of teams that have eaten the big burger.

Keep on keeping on, bro.

Clark Kent said:
You obviously have not watched the games if you think Ryan has looked "average". He has looked much better than average. I think that is just the Saint fan coming out in you.

As far as the game the two areas that could be the deciding factor of the game is our pass rush and our secondary. You obviously do not watch the Falcons Cowboys game to say we "do not have the personnel to rush the passer like the Dolphins". We had 2 sacks on Romo and almost had a couple more. I know in the highlights they showed the one on the TD pass to Crayton. We have a pretty good pass rush, but a pretty good pass rush is different when you are playing Brees cause he gets the ball out faster than the average QB.

If our pass rush cannot be effective and our corners already as weak as they are then this game could get out of hand real fast. I don't expect the Saints to have a great day against the Falcons defensively, but i would be surprised if the offense didnt put up at least 28pts.

I think the Saints take this one. Seems like yall are hitting on all cylinders and the Dome is going to be ridiculous (I'll be there) so i think yall will end up taking this one.

31-24 Saints

Have you watched Matt Ryan?? He's been average man. The Falcons don't take shots. Their offense tries to operate in 20 yard windows. It's almost like the Patriots. Roddy White made a few plays breaking tackles for long gains and that's why the numbers are respectable.

Michael Turner went over his minutes last season and doesn't have a roll over plan. He's been terrible.

Matt Ryan will throw more ints than Tds Monday night.

Saints 52 (been saving the 50 burger for you guys)
Falcons 13

I feel more confident about this game than I did the Miami game going in because of the let down factor. The Saints got a wake up call this week and Clowns coming to town, There will be no let down here.

Clark, I respect your attempt to counter the arguments here, but if you really think Matty is in any way shape or form ready for the D schemes GW is prepping, I'm thinking your glasses aren't rose colored, they're completely blacked out. He's still young, man. Talented yes, but young. His ability to read the D is gonna be severely tested.

Don't take this personally, but the Falcons aren't going to leave the Dome with a win. And don't be too embarrassed when the Brees machine puts up 40+ on you. You guys will join an elite group of teams that have eaten the big burger.

Keep on keeping on, bro.
Trust me Matt Ryan is plenty ready for the defensive schemes GW is prepping. I don't wear glasses/contacts. Yes he is young, but he has shown that he is lightyears ahead of the typical young QB.

I dont take anything on this board personally. Falcons aren't leaving with a win? Ok well i guess since you say it i must believe it huh:smilielol:

Have you watched Matt Ryan?? He's been average man. The Falcons don't take shots. Their offense tries to operate in 20 yard windows. It's almost like the Patriots. Roddy White made a few plays breaking tackles for long gains and that's why the numbers are respectable.

Michael Turner went over his minutes last season and doesn't have a roll over plan. He's been terrible.

Matt Ryan will throw more ints than Tds Monday night.

Saints 52 (been saving the 50 burger for you guys)
Falcons 13
Yes unlike you i have watched all the games. You have maybe watched the Bears game so you have hardly any knowledge about the Falcons. So saying Matt Ryan is average just further proves my point.

Wow that Turner line was just flat out lame hahaha

I don't see Ryan throwing more Ints than TD's

They won't roll over for us, no doubt about that much. It'll be one of those tough fought games. I really look forward to see what our favorite thread ballooning running back has in store. He put on a performance in the last Monday night game, though it was in a losing effort. I wonder he'll do for an encore and if the end result will be different.

Clark,

stop worring about your offense...its your Defense that will keep you from winning in the dome.

Drew's 2009 stats home v. away ( summarized )

Comp percent 72 at home / 62 away
YPPA- 9.55 a home/ 7.73 away
10tds 1 pick at home/ 4 td 4 pick away
0 sacks at home/ 9 away
132.5 passer rating at home/ 89.3 away

He is in the zone in this dome. Unless your Defense found some secondary help in the past week, it will be more than tough for your Falcons to leave the dome with a win.

Coach Mike Smith says he plans to use the extra time to consider possible personnel changes this week.

Translation: Mike Smith is looking for another job so he won't have to play us. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom