So……Pride Month….. [CLOSED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing
Not surprising given where we are
But disappointing
As someone who falls under the pride umbrella, it's become corporate. Literally every company is throwing rainbows all over their logos and clothes. It's all social media virtue signaling, it's literally everywhere you turn. TV, movies, commercials, parades, and even schools of all places. There's zero actual need for fake representation in sports. It only demeans and undermines all the work LGBT people of the past have done to gain the rights LGBT people have today.

Even then, it's a lose-lose for teams that choose to do it (just look at the basketball, baseball, and hockey teams that've done it and the backlash they got from it.). It's effectively picking a sword to fall on. You choose not to, and you piss off the vocal LGBT crowd. You choose to do so, and you piss off the anti-LGBT people and alienate your straight fanbase. You can't blame a sports team, which is still a business at the end of the day, for siding with what they believe is the majority.

As someone who falls under the pride umbrella, it's become corporate. Literally every company is throwing rainbows all over their logos and clothes. It's all social media virtue signaling, it's literally everywhere you turn. TV, movies, commercials, parades, and even schools of all places. There's zero actual need for fake representation in sports. It only demeans and undermines all the work LGBT people of the past have done to gain the rights LGBT people have today.

Even then, it's a lose-lose for teams that choose to do it (just look at the basketball, baseball, and hockey teams that've done it and the backlash they got from it.). It's effectively picking a sword to fall on. You choose not to, and you piss off the vocal LGBT crowd. You choose to do so, and you piss off the anti-LGBT people and alienate your straight fanbase. You can't blame a sports team, which is still a business at the end of the day, for siding with what they believe is the majority.
My ears are wide open for your ‘corporate’ take - that’s a fair criticism
Less so the both sides argument of your second paragraph- placating hate is seldom a longterm success strategy

My ears are wide open for your ‘corporate’ take - that’s a fair criticism
Less so the both sides argument of your second paragraph- placating hate is seldom a longterm success strategy
I couldn't care less who is or isn't LGBTQ +, as long as it's adults I literally could not care less. Have had several best friends in my life who are gay, have also beaten the sheet out of bullies who used to bully them.....

Just don't need it shoved in my face at every turn. I have zero hate for anyone, let alone based on their sexual orientation or how they identify. Has nothing to do with hate. I don't want heterosexual pride month either, wouldn't need that shoved in my face just the same.

I don't need parades to celebrate the fact that I am attracted to women. I don't need to be celebrated, and the hate I see lately is mostly directed at cis folks.

Content of character is what matters. You're either a vajayjay (piece of work) or you're not a vajayjay (piece of work). Simple as that. Imo.

And I don't mean to come at you on this one, you know you're one of my favorite posters here Guido and I respect if you view this differently than I do.

Last edited:
As long as you have the same energy for salute to soldiers month or whatever they’re calling it
Soldiers have literally died for our right to even have pride month. Or any other month, any freedom we ever enjoy. These things are not even in the same stratosphere imo.

I couldn't care less who is or isn't LGBTQ +, as long as it's adults I literally could not care less. Have had several best friends in my life who are gay, have also beaten the sheet out of bullies who used to bully them.....

Just don't need it shoved in my face at every turn. I have zero hate for anyone, let alone based on their sexual orientation or how they identify. Has nothing to do with hate. I don't want heterosexual pride month either, wouldn't need that shoved in my face just the same.

I don't need parades to celebrate the fact that I am attracted to women. I don't need to be celebrated, and the hate I see lately is mostly directed at cis folks.

Content of character is what matters. You're either a vajayjay (piece of work) or you're not a vajayjay (piece of work). Simple as that. Imo.

And I don't mean to come at you on this one, you know you're one of my favorite posters here Guido and I respect if you view this differently than I do.
There are parades and celebrations for it because like anything with parades it's a celebration for small group of marginalized people who were oppressed for their rights or the way the lived their lives. For example St Patrick's Day parade is celebrated because St. Patrick overcame adversity like being kidnapped by the Romans and returned to Ireland to show his people Christianity. https://www.history.com/topics/st-patricks-day/history-of-st-patricks-day The parades are a place for the small minority of those folks to feel free from hate, bigotry, and celebrate a lifestyle that is taught to be hidden to make others feel comfortable.

As someone from the South and who was taught most of my life to look down on same sex love I treated family members who were LGBT members like crap because of religion and bigotry and it's took years of growth and self reflection to realize that I was a piece of work for that.

Can't speak for others, but my new motto in life is people can live whatever lifestyle they want as long as the person they are doing it with can consent and is of age.

There are parades and celebrations for it because like anything with parades it's a celebration for small group of marginalized people who were oppressed for their rights or the way the lived their lives. For example St Patrick's Day parade is celebrated because St. Patrick overcame adversity like being kidnapped by the Romans and returned to Ireland to show his people Christianity. https://www.history.com/topics/st-patricks-day/history-of-st-patricks-day The parades are a place for the small minority of those folks to feel free from hate, bigotry, and celebrate a lifestyle that is taught to be hidden to make others feel comfortable.

As someone from the South and who was taught most of my life to look down on same sex love I treated family members who were LGBT members like crap because of religion and bigotry and it's took years of growth and self reflection to realize that I was a piece of work for that.

Can't speak for others, but my new motto in life is people can live whatever lifestyle they want as long as the person they are doing it with can consent and is of age.
I've always had that motto. Clown me all you want, I actually respect that you may have a different opinion than I do. I've never marginalized anyone based on their sexual orientation. I judge folks on the content of their character. Period.

As I said in my previous posts, I could not care less about someone's orientation, as long as it's consenting adults. I was half raised in the south and still live here, I was raised to love all folks, and to judge only on content of character.

If you feel it's an inaccurate statement that soldiers died for us to have any and all rights we do have, or a clown statement, then that's your prerogative.

Good day. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom