So Cadet is our new Sproles, Reggie Bush? (1 Viewer)

Cadet couldn't hold either of those guys jock straps.

Cadet is better fit for this team then poeple think. Average NFL athlete but has upper tier fluidity in the pass game. Has good awareness in the pass game. And is adequate in pass pro who also can contribute on ST. Good fit player for us

This is a TERRIBLE decision. We lost our home run hitter. We lost depth and what did we gain? Cap space? We gained nothing. This was a terrible decision that was driven by Payton's ego.

This is a TERRIBLE decision. We lost our home run hitter. We lost depth and what did we gain? Cap space? We gained nothing. This was a terrible decision that was driven by Payton's ego.

Cooks is our home run hitter.

Spiller has hit one home run in his entire Saints career.

I'm also confused as to why Spiller is gone - but don't overstate his importance.

Cadet on Sunday:

1 carry for 1 yard
3 catches for 14 yards
1 TD
2 drops

The TD was a pass any breathing scat back could of caught. I don't care how people spin it. Cadet is not a good player nor is superior to Spiller in any facet of the game, including pass blocking.

Truth... Im honestly puzzled by this move, especially when Spiller looked so good in the ps, looked to have his burst back... Ah well. These guys personnel decisions are getting more and more oddball.

I'd like to see Lasco get some of those satellite back snaps. Heck, even as unsound as he is, I'd rather even give Murphy a shot. At least he's shown glimpses of playmaking ability.

Cadet is just a guy. He is taken for granted some times, but yeah, he brings no fear to opposing defenses. We have already seen the best of him.

I think I saw Lasco being used as a safety valve, so they must trust him a lot.

He certainly has the speed, If he gets a little more comfortable in the offense and becomes fluid on screens, he will be 1 dangerous dude. I suspect Payton knows that, hoping he will develop into a fast version of Pierre.

I think Cadet is our slowest RB, so it's not him. He is very fluid in routes and has decent hands. I think he's our emergency QB, so that and ST work may keep him around.

Probably the third time I've posted something like this...let Ingram do it!!

Cadet is better fit for this team then poeple think. Average NFL athlete but has upper tier fluidity in the pass game. Has good awareness in the pass game. And is adequate in pass pro who also can contribute on ST. Good fit player for us

So what you're saying is, if you have a team full of Cadet's, you'd go 6-10 or so. Look at the upper level teams, they have far more talented players at that position. We let Sproles go, (another great move by the front office), and expect players like Cadet to fill that role, yeah right.

This entire situation makes me sick to my stomach almost.... I hope they have something in mind besides Cadet... Lasco or even Ingram maybe....

Probably the third time I've posted something like this...let Ingram do it!!

That's not a bad idea. He's pretty fast, has decent hands, and is a serious threat in space. He never gets a lot of carries anyway, so he could turn into a Kevin Faulk for us. Hightower is a 4 down RB, and can carry it 30 times, so he could get most of the primary RB work.

I don't think that would ever happen, but it's feasible.

You guys gotta realize that Ingram is an all-purpose back now. He showed last year that he can carry the load running and receiving last year without Spiller in the lineup very much. If he stays healthy he'll another great season.

Y'all remember 2012 when Cadet was a WR for us? I'm pretty sure that's why he's stuck this year. He's the third RB and the fifth WR who can also return kicks/punts if necessary. He might not be great at anything, but he's good enough for bottom of the depth chart slots at two positions and ST as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom