Sony has lost over $3 billion on the PS3 (2 Viewers)

ha....dude, i haven't even bought a blu-ray movie yet.....my ps3 came with spiderman 3....it's the only one i have

yea... no way would I invest in a Blu-Ray library at this point. I don't have the disposable income for that.

yea... no way would I invest in a Blu-Ray library at this point. I don't have the disposable income for that.

uhhh...if you buy them at best buy, i guess....but AsaPw has mentioned that you can buy them from the interwebs for reasonable prices

my thing is that i already own 70+ dvds, and i am not replacing them

Yet it's the best machine on the market. Go figure.

A friend of mine is trying to buy a PS3 and can't find any for sale at any of the major retailers. With all that demand a full 1 and 1/2 years later, I would think that this bodes well for Sony.

A friend of mine is trying to buy a PS3 and can't find any for sale at any of the major retailers. With all that demand a full 1 and 1/2 years later, I would think that this bodes well for Sony.

Not to disparage your friend, but are they actually looking or just wandering around in front of the building. I've not walked into a major or minor retailer yet without plenty of PS3s or 360s available.

Not to disparage your friend, but are they actually looking or just wandering around in front of the building. I've not walked into a major or minor retailer yet without plenty of PS3s or 360s available.

yeah....i don't think there should be any problem finding one....

That made me LOL. :hihi:

Sony lost money on the PS1, PS2, and PS3...but made billions on games, accessories, etc......

Sony lost money on the PS1, PS2, and PS3...but made billions on games, accessories, etc......

any idea how much those cost to develop and how much they lost?

I'm curious.

The numbers I've seen for the PS3 are really high - not sure how "real" those numbers are though. Just wondering how it would fit, comparatively, with the earlier ones.

Has it sold as many console units in a comparable amount of time?

I confess I don't really keep up with console news - just when it makes news in PC Gaming magazines

But the PS3 isn't selling as many games as a PS2.

Well......we are only in year 2 of the PS3.....one of the main complaints about the ps2 was the lack of games at first. If Sony follows the blue(ray)print that they did with the ps2 then they'll be fine long run.

I like a gaming world where there's more than one console.....you see what EA has done with the madden franchise and the NFL...imagine that but with a platform instead of a franchise.

I like my PS3 for gaming as well as the fact that I can download avi movies, stik them on a thumbdrive in my PS3 and watch them on tv instead of a pc. PS3 is allsome. i bought mine when it first came out and I have 0 regrets about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom