Spreding sunshine (not)! Broncos tied for NFL longest active win streak (5); Lutz 24/26 for the season (1 Viewer)

an old ancient proverb, goes something like this, if you're an intelligent man and you look at your neighbors football team, that's stacked with young talent and is already great on your most troublesome side, the defense, complete with a solid vet Qb and a more than capable offense, which only requires your expertise, complete with a credit card with a zero balance, and you compare it to your current team, a team which which requires a ton of money and time to be spent, but with a maxed out credit card making transactions impossible, then its time to smite your neighbor and spoil his goods. --Plato-cretes
You think they have a ton of money? HAHAHA....
I mean, their cap situation is nowhere close to ours (not many are) but they are projected to be in the red as well. 2025 is their year when things look a lot better, unless they kick the can down the road.

Payton is showing the big difference a good coach can make in a short period of time. We should be so lucky.

Actually, we once were.

A 5 game winning streak is nothing to overlook. The whole team looks better, especially Russ. This is his first year and when all know what he can do with a pro-bowl caliber QB. He's just pouring salt and alcohol into our open wound called Dennis Allen. Yes, Drew was a critical part of our run but Sean was just as important.
I’m not discrediting him, he’s solely responsible for them looking much better than last year. Still, I was only saying they are what they are, an average team with statistically a bad offense and defense. It makes it more impressive what he’s doing.

You think they have a ton of money? HAHAHA....
I mean, their cap situation is nowhere close to ours (not many are) but they are projected to be in the red as well. 2025 is their year when things look a lot better, unless they kick the can down the road.
I didnt want to ruin my ancient proverb. But yea, Denver isnt the best cap wise, but still are light years in better position than us. Wow, NE is a well oiled machine. They are an elite QB from being a top team again. Theres no way BB is going anywhere.

2024 CAP SPACE SAINTS: -87,401,382 (league worst)
2024 CAP SPACE DENVER: -19,996,683 (5th worse)
League best NE : +1,114,745,695

This is the nail in the coffin:
2025 CAP SPACE SAINTS: -35,022,578 (league worst)
2025 CAP SPACE DENVER: +102,915,382 (11th worse)
League best NE : +League best NE : +264,421,983

2026 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +68,898,568 (league second worst) (we have 33 signed players at this time)
2026 CAP SPACE DENVER: +270,367,977 (12th worse) (Denver has 10 signed players at this time)
League best NE : +504,945,695

2027 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +293,435,568 (league 3rd worst) (we have 24 signed players at this time,)
2027 CAP SPACE DENVER: +490,567,977 (12th worse) (Denver has 2 signed players at this time)
League best NE : +799,545,695

2028 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +608,635,568 (league 5th worst) (we have 1 signed players at this time, freedom-ish)
2028 CAP SPACE DENVER: +751,367,977 (7th worse) (Denver has 1 signed players at this time)

Teams Broncos beat: W4 Bears by 3 pts, W7 Packers by 2 pts, W8 Chiefs by 15 pts, W9 Bills by 2 pts, W10 Vikings by 1 pt, W11 Browns by 20 pts

Teams Broncos lost to: W1 Raiders by 1 pt W2 Commanders by 2pts W3 Dolphins by 50 pts , W5 Jets by 10pts , W6 Chiefs by 11 pts,

Browns did not have starting QB, most impressive win is versus the Chiefs at home. Getting Russell Wilson to submit to his authority is impressive.
Broncos still have to play the Chargers twice, the Lions, and Texans for tougher games. Raiders and Patriots are easy games.

We should have kept Lutz. Payton wanted to take more money and play with Brady in Miami. We may never know the full story but you cannot blame him for the Dolphins owner going all in after missing out on multiple Superbowls with Brees. I don't blame the Saints for losing Payton. I blame the Saints for thinking they could do Payton's team without Payton and leaning on Pete Carmichael and putting a great defensive coordinator as a horrible head coach.

We need to admit how good Sean Payton was at doing his team and try something knew. (i.e. clean house in the coaching staff and try something different.)

We also thought that Grupe was better than Lutz.
You know, I've thought a lot of things over the years.....

- I always thought Brooks was better than Delhomme.

- Prior to knowing Reggie Bush would be available, I wanted us to draft Vince Young.

- I thought Ivory was better than Ingram in their 2 seasons together with the Saints.

....and yet, I never once thought Grupe was the better option than Lutz during preseason.

I'll never forget being texted an article which stated that whoever didn't win the Saints' kicking competition would likely be traded to Denver, and I had no idea there was even a competition. I assumed Grupe was a camp leg, along the lines of Lutz being a camp leg for Tucker in 2016 preseason. Many people did apparently lose their :poop: over him hitting a short walk-off FG in a preseason game and getting his ID checked hours prior, but that "we" definitely isn't all-encompassing.

Dude does still have a staunch army of defenders on this forum, though.

I’m not discrediting him, he’s solely responsible for them looking much better than last year. Still, I was only saying they are what they are, an average team with statistically a bad offense and defense. It makes it more impressive what he’s doing.
They're actually one of the top 3 teams in defensive turnovers and yards allowed right now, so he's helping Joseph, a former upcoming DC. It just shows what a true leader does for the organization. I don't think anyone thinks they are an average team anymore.

I've seen the 0-4 and 1-5 Payton slow starts and know what happens when they climb out of that deep hole. They'll finish a game on either side of .500 since teams can't go 8-8 anymore.

The Broncos do not matter to me and the kicker talk is all academic at this point. Either way they would have gone I was fine with it. What I cannot stand is the fact that we more than likely have another year of DA and as the post above about the cap situation shows . We will most likely be pretty meh to bad for a minute. I will follow the team but things will not be the same until I see a positive change and I just don't see it happening considering the people at the top of the organization at this point are who they are.

I didnt want to ruin my ancient proverb. But yea, Denver isnt the best cap wise, but still are light years in better position than us. Wow, NE is a well oiled machine. They are an elite QB from being a top team again. Theres no way BB is going anywhere.

2024 CAP SPACE SAINTS: -87,401,382 (league worst)
2024 CAP SPACE DENVER: -19,996,683 (5th worse)

This is the nail in the coffin:
2025 CAP SPACE SAINTS: -35,022,578 (league worst)
2025 CAP SPACE DENVER: +102,915,382 (11th worse)
League best NE : +League best NE : +264,421,983

2026 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +68,898,568 (league second worst) (we have 33 signed players at this time)
2026 CAP SPACE DENVER: +270,367,977 (12th worse) (Denver has 10 signed players at this time)
League best NE : +504,945,695

2027 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +293,435,568 (league 3rd worst) (we have 24 signed players at this time,)
2027 CAP SPACE DENVER: +490,567,977 (12th worse) (Denver has 2 signed players at this time)
League best NE : +799,545,695

2028 CAP SPACE SAINTS: +608,635,568 (league 5th worst) (we have 1 signed players at this time, freedom-ish)
2028 CAP SPACE DENVER: +751,367,977 (7th worse) (Denver has 1 signed players at this time)
Where do those numbers come from? For instance, OTC had us at +$120mm in 2026. Do those numbers project restructures that will be necessary to get us under the cap in earlier years (i.e. 2024 and 2025)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom