Stick To The Run (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Loved the game overall. We won so that's great. I actually think Payton called the game like many of us were asking for, the way he called it while TB was in there as QB, then let your Defense win the game for you. Defense played great btw and it was great to see the Offense and Kamara get going again.

If I have one nitpick tho, it's why not stick to the run to end the game? Coach seems to be the only one who doesn't want to eat up the timeclock and run Murray which is surprising considering he can run and he proved it, he just needs touches to do it. 10 touches today seems low to me. Again, I love the win, just going forward, I think we should utilize him more. What y'all think?

Last edited:
Oh gosh definitely. Said we should of went more balance last week but coach got greedy. Today I saw a little bit more balance. Still think we need to run more and Murray getting a bit more carries. 2nd and 8 is better than 2 and 10. When we stay balanced good things eventually will come. Sometimes I tend to think we are in patient.

This is kind of off topic but did you notice the limited amount of snaps today for Davenport?
I did. I probably will get thumb down for this but he has been hit and miss too. From just looking at pass rush, I feel Trey Henderickson seem to hustle a little bit more and able to come close to sacking the quarterback more time than Davenport. This is not to say I prefer Henderickson over Davenport. But I think Davenport do need to play more consistent and have that constant motor that Trey or Cam has.

Loved the game overall. We won so that's great. I actually think Payton called the game like many of us were asking for, the way he called it while TB was in there as QB, then let your Defense win the game for you. Defense played great btw and it was great to see the Offense and Kamara get going again.

If I have one nitpick tho, it's why not stick to the run to end the game? Coach seems to be the only one who doesn't want to eat up the timeclock and run Murray which is surprising considering he can run and he proved it, he just needs touches to do it. 10 touches today seems low to me. Again, I love the win, just going forward, I think we should utilize him more. What y'all think?

10 touches today with only 5 last week against the Falcons and by comparison the previous two games before the Falcons game he had 47 touches in those two games.

It makes you wonder and question what Sean Payton is thinking at times.

A huge for instance was today with the opening kickoff the Saints are hot and cruising moving down the field at will and here comes Taysom Hill who takes a six yard loss and effectively killed the drive and had to settle for three.

Payton is a smart man and very good play caller but sometimes he tends to outsmart himself.

I did. I probably will get thumb down for this but he has been hit and miss too. From just looking at pass rush, I feel Trey Henderickson seem to hustle a little bit more and able to come close to sacking the quarterback more time than Davenport. This is not to say I prefer Henderickson over Davenport. But I think Davenport do need to play more consistent and have that constant motor that Trey or Cam has.
He needs about 6 more sacks this season to justify the pick IMO. Tired of flashes of brilliance. DE ain't QB,CB. Just get it done, dude!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom