Stop talking about Trask and Jones [OR, how not to title a thread on a site that promotes discussion - MOD] (1 Viewer)

We have a QB on the previous years roster with similar college number if not better and better arm talent and more maneuverability/ play making ability. If Sean trusts Jameis than we should all trust Sean. His decision making skills in BA offense were terrible. So were Tom's early on. 7 ints vs us in Reg season? Give Jameis a chance is Sean wants him and he wants to be here i think great things could happen.

You don't tell us what we can discuss and what we can't. Period.

I don't have a problem with Jameis being the saints quarterback, but it is not a lock. And we as fans don't make those decisions. First and foremost, it is Jameis' decision to make. He may decide to go to a team he may think provides a better combination of salary and competitiveness.

Mickey and Sean may have something to say also.

Regarding Trask and Jones, besides how good prospects they may be (and that is a good discussion to have), there is an interesting factor on bringing one to the team.

If you think a rookie quarterback can handle himself and keep us competitive, then you will have a very cheap 5 year quarterback contract on a very mature (and expensive) salary cap for years to come. That is an incredible asset.

Seattle built their team around Russell Wilson, the rams did it at first with Jared Goff. Cheaper quarterbacks mean you can spend way more on other positions.

So yes, even if we like Jameis, it is a good thing to discuss about the possibility of a rookie taking charge.

If the Saints view Jones or Trask as a franchise QB and either are available at #28 they will pick them. It's been like that for 3 seasons now.
Jameis isn't on the Saints roster, until he signs a contract no one really knows what the QB situation will look like next year.

Most of the people talking about Jones & Trask acknowledge Jameis’ talent. Talent isn’t the question. Talent has not equated to great QB play throughout his career thus far. I’ve been one of the biggest Winston fans on the forum, but you can’t fault people that are skeptical of a QB that hasn’t done it at a high enough level to this point.

We should trust Payton & Co on this. He has never had poor QB play for any season as a coach, even when backups were heavily involved. If he sees Winston as a worthy heir to Brees, let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. If he decides to take a QB, let’s assume he knows what he’s seeing. Until then, let people make their own assessments.

I Dont think Trask is that good, granted his overall numbers are sparkling but the two games i saw him in LSU and Oklahoma in the cotton bowl he wasn't impressive.

That's true, but Jones didn't have tough challenges that Burrow had in 2019.
Burrow had to go on the road to Texas, face a tough Auburn defense, had an intense game with Florida, and had to go on the road to face Alabama. Jones basically had a free ride last season to a national title.
That's true. I think he would be QB in the vein as Burrow, whatever that may be.

We have a QB on the previous years roster with similar college number if not better and better arm talent and more maneuverability/ play making ability. If Sean trusts Jameis than we should all trust Sean. His decision making skills in BA offense were terrible. So were Tom's early on. 7 ints vs us in Reg season? Give Jameis a chance is Sean wants him and he wants to be here i think great things could happen.
Jameis Winston is a free agent. Until we sign/draft a QB, although you prohibited it, I give everyone permission to discuss all options.

Due to cap issues, a rookie QB contract is very appealing. Add to that, Winston has not played as a franchise QB. I'd like to see saints try the draft to find one.

I'd be excited to see Saints go with Mac Jones. Very accurate, confident, and consistent. He appears to have the intangibles and has made some exceptionally good throws

Kyle Trask reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger. Big, accurate and good arm strength. Will run and can get yards, but not your typical run threat.

I was born in Alabama. I will die in Alabama. I hear, "Roll tide" from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. Hurts is PROBABLY the only UA QB in past 20 years who MAY have any impact on an NFL team. Hard pass on Mac. Unless it is second round.

In you opinion, are you saying that due to his talent level, or that he is possibly not mature enough? Just curious cause I felt like he got better and better later in the season!

In you opinion, are you saying that due to his talent level, or that he is possibly not mature enough? Just curious cause I felt like he got better and better later in the season!
Mainly anecdotal. UA history. A QB for a mid level college team would look like a beast with the UA carousel of 5 star OL and WR's. I would take him in second. round. Somebody earlier said that his stats are better than Burrows. LMBO. Burrows will be a legit starter in the league for next 10-15 years. With no "in the wings" period.

In your opinion, are you saying that due to his talent level, or that he is possibly not mature enough? Just curious cause I felt like he got better and better later in the season!
You don't live in Alabama, so you're point of view doesn't carry as much weight.
That's what I inferred from it.

I like the guy, but I can't remember a rookie QB that came in and guided a team to a championship.
I'd ride what we have in Taysom and possibly crabby fingers. No chance a rook will come in and learn the system faster than them or get a sense of reading NFL speed of defenses faster than what we have.
If we were rebuilding, then yes.
But, we're built to win right now.

You don't live in Alabama, so you're point of view doesn't carry as much weight.
That's what I inferred from it.

I like the guy, but I can't remember a rookie QB that came in and guided a team to a championship.
I'd ride what we have in Taysom and possibly crabby fingers. No chance a rook will come in and learn the system faster than them or get a sense of reading NFL speed of defenses faster than what we have.
If we were rebuilding, then yes.
But, we're built to win right now.
If you can type Taysom, you can type JAMEIS!!!

If you can type Taysom, you can type JAMEIS!!!
You’re absolutely right.

However, at the time I couldn’t remember his name for the life of me.

I’m old, sue me.

Oh, and don’t be so sensitive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom