Sugar Bowl Hawaii vs. Georgia (1 Viewer)

I felt sorry for Hawaii last night. I hoped Richt would call off the dawgs at some point, just to make it end...

when you destroy a o-line rushing just 3 or 4 lineman against a team that passes 90% of the time, it isnt going to be prettty. I thought hawaii's line would play better than that, but of course I never watched a hawaii game. it was a pretty pitiful display.

"No class"? It's the freaking Sugar Bowl. This isn't Georgia vs the Tennessee School for the Blind. It's a BCS bowl. "Call off the dogs" what?

Don't make the flight if you don't want to be in the game.

"No class"? It's the freaking Sugar Bowl. This isn't Georgia vs the Tennessee School for the Blind. It's a BCS bowl. "Call off the dogs" what?

+1. It wasn't like he had the starters in going for it on 4th down, it was pretty much the entire 2nd string, and he has every right to get them some big time reps.

Besides that, Hawaii is the king of classless. You didn't get to see much of it last night since they were getting their arses handed to them, but they're about as bad as I've ever seen when it comes to character and sportsmanship in a collegiate football team, especially when viewed in person.

+1. It wasn't like he had the starters in going for it on 4th down, it was pretty much the entire 2nd string, and he has every right to get them some big time reps.

Honestly I wouldn't have cared if he had the starters out there and if Hawaii was a paragon of class.

To me it comes down to, again, "it's the freaking Sugar Bowl!"

This isn't some Div I-AA school or weak sister school like Idaho or something that Georgia scheduled for a free win and they scheduled for a paycheck. This is the Sugar Bowl. Supposedly both teams belong. Supposedly both teams are on an equal footing. If one gets their arses drummed, they deserve every bit of it.

Don't come to the Sugar Bowl next time if you don't want to play football.

I agree, but it was just painful to watch after a while. As a UGA fan, I was ready to see Joe Cox at quarterback, and the other backups getting playing time a little erlier then Richt did. I thought Hawaii would at least put up some offense when we did that, making it a little more interesting, but they just couldn't match up.

Are they any doctors on this board? I think I may have a concussion now after watching Brennan get hit so many times last night, then again, my head may be hurting for other reasons. I dont remember the last time I spent 3 straight nights on Bourbon St.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom