Superstitious? If so, how/what? (1 Viewer)

DCJohnson104

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To start off I’m going to apologize for any issues this may have caused.

So over the years my avatar hasn’t changed too much. However, when I changed my avatar to a different player it has went poorly. This is the order and result:
Jimmy Graham - traded
Cooks - traded
Snead - disappeared and then signed away

Graham lasted a couple years as my avatar before he was traded. Out of laziness and not knowing what I wanted to change it to be, he hung around as my avatar after he was gone. Then I changed it to Cooks and he was traded the following offseason. Then came Snead, he disappeared that season. I will never make it a player again.

I’m sure it’s all coincidence, but it’s now a chance I’m not willing to take. What are some other superstitions you all have going on?

No shaving on gameday.

Used to be, but I have this new thought process that I am being too narcissistic if I think anything I do makes a difference in the outcome of a game.

Used to be, but I have this new thought process that I am being too narcissistic if I think anything I do makes a difference in the outcome of a game.
I had that too, but even that became a weird superstition
I won’t do any pregame rituals, but I can’t help in game adjustments - sitting/standing in a particular spot after good plays or avoiding the same after bad plays

No, But I am a firm believer of you reap what you sow.

I'm not superstitious about affecting the game in any way. But I do have my rituals, which I think is a different thing altogether.

I just refrain from saying things like “we got this in the bag” or on 3rd and 15+ saying “there’s no way they’ll convert this.” It is uncanny how every single time I say this type of stuff, the opposite happens.

So if I or anyone I’m with say these things, I immediately knock on wood. It’s like an agreement that I have with karma. We’re cool. *knocks on wood*

Last season when we played the bears, Trubisky ripped off a decent little 8 yard run or so. To which my dad remarked “oh well he’s not gonna beat is with his legs.” I said “dad knock on wood right now!” He said “no. He’s NOT gonna beat us with his legs.” I **** you not...the very next play.....he scampered for 50+ yards. Dad knocks on wood now

Last edited:
I like to slap my leg with my right hand when opponents attempt an important field goal. Hamboning is the proper word for this practice. Does that count?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom