Take a Chance on Joe Milton ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Quarterbacks flew off the board so quickly this year , it's hard to imagine anyones mock draft played out how they saw it.
Panthers have their guy and are beginning to put pieces around him
Bucs have Baker who's in the middle of a resurgance and have the Division Crown as well
I believe the Falcons have the best QB in the Division as of now and at least and have found someone they're willing to develop and hand the keys to eventually.
While I can laugh at the missed opportunity they had to improve their team as of 2024 , I have to at least wonder what we're doing about our " eventually " situation.

Seeing how many Teams this year were eager to overdraft at QB , I think we should at least consider taking a high risk high reward kind of guy knowing what it is from the jump.
We took care of business early. Now lets see if we can't get lucky.

I don't know the round or the pick , but I'd love to take a flyer on Joe Milton.
4.5 Speed
Giant Human Being
Physical Runner
Generational kind of arm
Great Character
From a physical standpoint a Cam Newton Clone , with arguably a better arm.

Threw for 20 TD's and 5 Picks

I know many aren't crazy about him , but I'm not so crazy about

Nathan Peterman
Kellen Mond
Jake Haener ...

It's been a while that this team has had something to really believe and hope for. Keeps butts in seats and the lights on. I think the what if factor on hitting a QB like Joe would be exciting however it pans out.
Also , We've had striking success drafting guys later and developing them. Wonder if we could do it for the position that really matters.

Attachments

• milton.jpg
    milton.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 2
I live right outside of Knoxville. All I hear and see is Volunteer football. From an unbiased person who doesn’t have a college team, Milton has the physical arm to wow anyone with the mental football comprehension of a Middle schooler. He relies on pure athletic talent because he can’t process what defenses are throwing at him. Maybe I’m wrong and he just needs to have a coach that can teach him how to read a defense and run a functional offense. Who knows?

If the Saints draft him, I would root for him but would cringe if we had to rely on him to win a game.

I'm rooting for him but was not impressed with him at Tennessee and I watched every game.
As far as UT QB's go I'd rather have Hooker all day.

Having said that why not take a late flyer? For all the reasons you stated.

Milton has an elite arm but he’s a really erratic passer and doesn’t go through his reads that well. He was mainly doing one read throws at Tennessee and wasn’t dropping back that much. He could be peaking in his decision making since he’s an incoming 24 year old rookie who always relied on athleticism. It would be interesting to see if Kubiak and Andrew Janocko can develop him and help him put it all together. His accuracy, reads, and anticipation doesn’t appear to be NFL level. He can make a lot of highlights but seems to be PS material because he has a lot to work on as a QB.

Maybe he’ll develop into a Taysom role somewhere since he’s an elite athlete who can willfully beat contact. He looks like he would be a priority UDFA. A team could pick him late so they won’t compete with the UDFA market.

I like and have high hopes for Haener. That said, the rest of our picks are a crap shoot anyway. … I would be more than good with bringing Pratt in to compete for QB 2/3

No one was surprised at all about how the QBs went in the draft. The only shocker was ATL taking a qb, but that didn't change the overall perception about the qbs that were going to be taken in the 1st.

Milton has an elite arm but he’s a really erratic passer and doesn’t go through his reads that well. He was mainly doing one read throws at Tennessee and wasn’t dropping back that much. He could be peaking in his decision making since he’s an incoming 24 year old rookie who always relied on athleticism. It would be interesting to see if Kubiak and Andrew Janocko can develop him and help him put it all together. His accuracy, reads, and anticipation doesn’t appear to be NFL level. He can make a lot of highlights but seems to be PS material because he has a lot to work on as a QB.

Maybe he’ll develop into a Taysom role somewhere since he’s an elite athlete who can willfully beat contact. He looks like he would be a priority UDFA. A team could pick him late so they won’t compete with the UDFA market.
Pretty spot on. His scouting report says he will have the strongest arm in the entire league, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. You can't teach arm strength but you can teach mechanics to improve accuracy. His mental acuity is also in question so though it's possible to teach him the intricate parts of the position that doesn't mean he's capable of learning them or being able to process the game at the NFL level. He's a huge young man and has shown to be a willing runner but he doesn't look to be as fluid as Taysom so he may not be capable of adapting to that level of role playing. With that said, there's no doubt that he's an interesting prospect with some intangibles in size and arm strength that are impressive even if raw.

I like and have high hopes for Haener. That said, the rest of our picks are a crap shoot anyway. … I would be more than good with bringing Pratt in to compete for QB 2/3
My feel is Pratt goes before the fifth and will fall into that second tier of QB prospects that Haener was at the head of last year.

While people are going to find out Haener will never be a full time starter in the league, Milton isn’t someone we should take a flyer on. There has to be better options and we don’t HAVE to draft a QB this year.

Tennessee fan, dude can probably be on field and throw it out of the Superdome, but he was a system quarterback, and not quick enough to read defenses. Though he could probably be a bigger playmaker then he was in college, to go with that arm.

if we got anybody from Tennessee would like it to be Jaylen Wright., but he's going soon of the board.

Name one QB the Saints have coached up to become a starter? Especially a project. No thanks, I will hope for the best in what we got.

Plus we gave away two picks to get the Kool Aid monster that means we are already short on picks with none in the 3rd or 4th rounds

Quarterbacks flew off the board so quickly this year , it's hard to imagine anyones mock draft played out how they saw it.
Panthers have their guy and are beginning to put pieces around him
Bucs have Baker who's in the middle of a resurgance and have the Division Crown as well
I believe the Falcons have the best QB in the Division as of now and at least and have found someone they're willing to develop and hand the keys to eventually.
While I can laugh at the missed opportunity they had to improve their team as of 2024 , I have to at least wonder what we're doing about our " eventually " situation.

Seeing how many Teams this year were eager to overdraft at QB , I think we should at least consider taking a high risk high reward kind of guy knowing what it is from the jump.
We took care of business early. Now lets see if we can't get lucky.

I don't know the round or the pick , but I'd love to take a flyer on Joe Milton.
4.5 Speed
Giant Human Being
Physical Runner
Generational kind of arm
Great Character
From a physical standpoint a Cam Newton Clone , with arguably a better arm.

Threw for 20 TD's and 5 Picks

I know many aren't crazy about him , but I'm not so crazy about

Nathan Peterman
Kellen Mond
Jake Haener ...

It's been a while that this team has had something to really believe and hope for. Keeps butts in seats and the lights on. I think the what if factor on hitting a QB like Joe would be exciting however it pans out.
Also , We've had striking success drafting guys later and developing them. Wonder if we could do it for the position that really matters.
Jamrcus Russell 2.0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom