Tech Gurus: Lenovo? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for a new laptop. I currently have an HP that I had lent to my mom. I think she may have let it overheat, because the speakers stopped working. Shortly after, the power button quit working.
I found a site which rated Lenovo right under Apple. This is actually the first time I have heard of this brand. I believe it may be associated with IBM.
My question is: Have any of you owned, or used a Lenovo PC? If so, what are your feelings. Is there a brand you would recommend?

Last edited:
Lenovo is a Chinese computer maker, which bought IBM's computer division a few years ago. I have never owned one, but have not seen anything that makes me not buy one. They are an option to me when I'm ready for an upgrade.

By the way, you would probably get more responses if posted in the Tech forum.

I'm currently shopping for a new laptop. I currently have an HP that I had lent to my mom. I think she may have let it overheat, because the speakers stopped working. Shortly after, the power button quit working.
I found a site which rated Lenovo right under Apple. This is actually the first time I have hear of this brand. I believe it may be associated with IBM.
My question is: Have any of you owned, or used a Lenovo PC? If so, what are your feelings. Is there a brand you would recommend?

I've been using Lenovo/IBM laptops for years - I've been very pleased with their laptops (T-series). They tend to be more expensive than some other brands, but they hold up well.

I've been using Lenovo/IBM laptops for years - I've been very pleased with their laptops (T-series). They tend to be more expensive than some other brands, but they hold up well.

I bought a Lenovo laptop based on buzd's recommendation a couple years ago and I have been very happy with it. The only issue I've had is that I got a particularly nasty worm that got into the registry files. But, that was no the Lenovo's fault. It got past my virus protection and I had not yet installed the proper cleaner program. Anway, the Lenovo had a firewalled backup that allowed me to reboot the computer back to the factory set up. I lost a little data, although almost all of it was backed up elsewhere, and I was up and running again in 20 minutes. I haven't had a problem since and I've never had a problem with the hardware itself.

Thanks...I clicked EE out of habit. Not that I post much, just lurk, mostly.

Haha, no problem. I was not trying to be the "thread police" or anything like that, I was just thinking that it would get seen quicker by the "tech gurus" of this place, and probably more of them. Guess I was wrong though, as Buz checked in here probably just as quick as he would've on the tech side of the pond!

Haha, no problem. I was not trying to be the "thread police" or anything like that, I was just thinking that it would get seen quicker by the "tech gurus" of this place, and probably more of them. Guess I was wrong though, as Buz checked in here probably just as quick as he would've on the tech side of the pond!

Not a problem! Thanks for the heads up!

Personally I'd put win7 pro on it, but that's a minor quibble. That looks like a pretty good deal. I haven't seen the V series before, but the weight is right. I would comparison shop online to see if there's a better price, but I doubt you will find that model much cheaper.

Currently enjoying 2 workstations, 1 laptop, and 1 server at work by Lenovo. Only had them 6 months but no problems at all.

I have always used IBM and now Lenovo laptops for work and have been very happy with them. My only complaint is that they have never had good speakers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom