Terrance Copper re-signed.... (1 Viewer)

I think Devery's gone, unless it's a sort of no-gurantee minimum deal so he can come to camp and compete for a spot.

Copper, Meachem, Colston, Patten, maybe 1 mid-level vet (similiar to Patten last year) and a couple of veteran minimums. We'll almost certainly draft a WR somewhere in the draft, and then add a couple of UDFA's. That would be your 10 for camp.

I like Copper. But I'am sick of all this knocking against Devery. He only led the league in yards per catch in 2006. I have noticed that when they try to use him as a down and out type of receiver, he drops about half. He seems to have trouble with passes thrown at him on a straight line. But, when you throw him passes over the top and deep, he catches almost everyone of them. Ever think that maybe he was being used in the wrong way last year and that's why his numbers dropped off? Same thing with Bush, the Saints always throw him the ball at the line or behind the line. With every defender keying on him, it's no wonder he can't get past the linemen and linebackers. They need to use him in the slot and run him past the linebackers into the secondary and get him out in space. We all have seen what happens when he's in space, no one can catch him. I just can't understand why the coaches can't see how they have not used both of these players correctly.

Like I said, I like Copper. But, it's a typical safe, non-aggressive signing. Put it this way, what would have been more valuable to the Saints this season? Giving Copper a million plus to run down on special teams and be the 5th WR, or giving that extra million to Z. Thomas to be the leader and starting MLB on a team that does not have one, and who will have to get lucky and land one in the draft? It's nothing against Copper, it's just an overall perspective.

Jeez man, why you looking so deep into the resigning, they liked him so they resigned him...its not that deep, some of you guys swear you can be an NFL GM...you think we waisted money resigning copper?,,,,but we made an offer to Thomas he wanted to go to Dallas, one has nothing to do with the other....and his contract (Copper) is not big its 2mill over 2yrs, chump change in this league, its only big to us cause were, well were regular working folk.

there is no "lines" to read in between basically is what i'm saying.

They also liked Simmons, Kaesviharn, Mare, Meachem, Pittman and J. David. How did that turn out for them?

I like Copper. But I'am sick of all this knocking against Devery. He only led the league in yards per catch in 2006. I have noticed that when they try to use him as a down and out type of receiver, he drops about half. He seems to have trouble with passes thrown at him on a straight line. But, when you throw him passes over the top and deep, he catches almost everyone of them. Ever think that maybe he was being used in the wrong way last year and that's why his numbers dropped off? Same thing with Bush, the Saints always throw him the ball at the line or behind the line. With every defender keying on him, it's no wonder he can't get past the linemen and linebackers. They need to use him in the slot and run him past the linebackers into the secondary and get him out in space. We all have seen what happens when he's in space, no one can catch him. I just can't understand why the coaches can't see how they have not used both of these players correctly.

he wansnt being used in the wrong way, just like Reggie wasnt, they both just need work, if you gotta be used "specially" for stuff, then your not a good player, Devery was just dropping the ball, he needs to work on that, but I agree how many people forgot how he scared the living daylights outa D-Coordinaters in 06' they were probably just as nervous about Devery as they were about Bush, people act like last year was how he has always played, forgeting 06 (though he still dropped balls) he had 50 catches 700+yrds and a 20ypc average.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom