Texans fans now "giddy" about Mario vs. Reggie comparison (1 Viewer)

If he does have 4.5 sacks that is a job well done. We shouldn't throw him under the bus for that. BTW, Reggie Bush is on pace for a 92 receptions this year. I'd say we both got our money's worth. Except for the fact we are 6-2 and they are sucking wind.

Texans problems can't be heavily attributed to Williams.

Saints success can't be overly attributed to Bush.

Both guys are going out there, giving it what they've got each week. Some weeks Williams gets overmatched. Some weeks Bush gets stifled. Growing pains.

Texans problems can't be heavily attributed to Williams.

Saints success can't be overly attributed to Bush.

Both guys are going out there, giving it what they've got each week. Some weeks Williams gets overmatched. Some weeks Bush gets stifled. Growing pains.

Well we do know one thing, the Texans defense is crap with Mario Williams. Would they be worse off without Williams on defense? Maybe, but would it matter? They stink with him. Not much room to drop.

We don't know how losing Reggie would impact our offense, we only know that with him it's very good.

But they aren't crap BECAUSE of Mario Williams. Major difference. Drafting Williams was with the intent of helping, not being a cure-all. Not that a defensive end - who's doing as much moving around as Bush, mind you, having lined up at both end spots, both tackle spots, and even standing up every so rarely - ever does that anyway. That whole unit needs major help and I think, purely from an NFL fan standpoint, that picking Williams was a step in the right direction. It certainly shouldn't have earned them the backlash that it did.

so if bush was with the texans they would be 6-2??? and if we got mario we would be 2-6??? think about it, one player doesnt make a team, u cant just look at wins and losses. if peyton manning was with the browns, they would not be 8-0

Then again. If the colts didn't have Payton Manning, they wouldn't be 8-0... if AB was still the Saints QB, they wouldn't be 6-2. If Reggie Bush wasn't in the black and gold a alot of scoring drives would have ended at mid field or worse, the reverse to Henderson on 9/25/2006 would have never worked, the offensive line probably wouldn't beable to protect Brees as well, we would have lost to tampa at home, Mario Williams would be considered a bust, and the forum would ensue with multiple threads on how horrible loomis is, and how we should have drafted Reggie..

The Browns have a lot of talent, and a not so good QB... they very well could be 8-0 with Peyton Manning.. they would have beaten us thats for sure.

The backlash was based on Mario's college career compared to Reggie's.

All I heard the entire time after the draft, regarding Mario Williams:

"Mario Williams from NC State went first overall, two other defensive linemen went in the first round, and yet this team went 7-5. How is that so????" Not knowing that the Wolfpack offense was horrid. I'd know; afterall, I may well be the most diehard Wolfpack fan here. That defense kept them in a ton of games, some which they won, some they didn't.

*I'll give the next sentence an entire line so that nobody misses it*

No I did not want us to get Mario Williams.

*I gave the previous sentence its own line with the hope that nobody missed it*

And the backlash was about everything from Carr and Davis to blowing the chance for him to wear #5 to two straight Helix High players coulda gone 1st overall to Reggie Bush is God II and very many things in between. The Texans took more crap for that pick than any other team has for any other pick in NFL history.

If you have ESPN Insider:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2426087

If not, PM me.

If he does have 4.5 sacks that is a job well done. We shouldn't throw him under the bus for that. BTW, Reggie Bush is on pace for a 92 receptions this year. I'd say we both got our money's worth. Except for the fact we are 6-2 and they are sucking wind.

Yeah he does have 4.5 sacks....all in the last 5 games actually. Mario has been coming on recently after a slow start.

well fact is sacks are the most over hyped and useless stat, sorry will smith fans but its true, unless you can play the raiders every week it doesnt matter, in fact it just gives the other team way more momentum if they make a big 3rd down after a long sack, but thats just me...

We are seeing immediate returns on bush and besides his FOR SURE eventual breakout he is a receiption machine and acts like 3 guys blocking just because he is on the field hence drew hasn't been smacked around much at all.

yes they'll both have good careers, but even if hes the next strahan, when is the last time you heard of strahan winning a game on a sack?!?! however we have a highlight reel punt return from reggie that won a game, so besides the team records theres your arguement ender...

I think we should be gracious and wish Williams the best. Why try and bring him down? He seems like a decent player and person.

We all know Reggie is a great addition to our team and a great fit to our scheme and style of play. No need to be defensive about this. He is among the best rookies drafted in 2006.

I think we should be gracious and wish Williams the best. Why try and bring him down? He seems like a decent player and person.

We all know Reggie is a great addition to our team and a great fit to our scheme and style of play. No need to be defensive about this. He is among the best rookies drafted in 2006.

This is true, we do not need to justify the picking of Bush by pointing out the Texans made a "mistake." Mario's success or failures will never reflect on the Saints. It will only reflect on Texans.

Bush, on the otherhand, will reflect on us. While he has not lit of the league on rushing yards, he is dynamo receiver, and has proven to be a difference maker in games. Irony is drafting Bush was o the coup d'etait of the draft, it was drafting Colston!

Furthermore, the saints draft and other roster and coaching moves have, thus far, proven to be the key to our current 6-2 start. Even if they do not fulfill our new expectations, they will undoubtedly have firm foundation in which to build a strong team to challenge the league.

The Texans, on the otherhand, have still many many holes in which to fill. Mario representated only one hole. The Texans are still a work in progress. I do wonder how long they will remain patient.

WingDog said it best in his first post.

We know two things for sure. Our offense is much better with Bush, than we were last year without him.

Texans defense is worse even with the addition of Mario.

But this is a team sport and you cant confine your view to just one player at one position.

With that said, we really need to stop debating the Reggie issue. The man did what he was supposed to do, he got a city/region hype about football again, sold season tickets, helped out the community. And he helps us win football games.

Besides everyone one looks like fools for not picking Colston #1 anyway!

Nuff said.

Mario will do even better when the texans can get a lead and they can rush a team that has to pass, but we never had a shot at him, he went first so why compare, reggie will be very good and even if we just used him as a wr he would be worth the pick.

the most important thing to me is reggie is a class act and everyone on this team likes him, quality character and works hard, he will achieve his goals

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom