Texas man and son charged for murder, Over a mattress! (1 Viewer)

no way in the world am i clicking that
who videoed?

Many facets of society are sad.

Will these people use the same defense strategy and be afforded the same benefit of the doubt that the female cop in Texas has been afforded?
Perhaps mistaken mattress identity? Search the decedents mattress for possible pee spots to smear his name?
It’s all sad.

Don't take a gun and a poor intellect to the stupidest argument ever.

Bingo. All damn day.
Low IQ+Gun=Tragedy.

That was a very tough thing to watch. Beyond senseless.

The deceased man was incensed and making so many verbal threats and such. Both sides of this one just flat out suck. Good grief. A mattress.
A mattress.

The deceased man, I wish he could have calmed down, and I wish his wife could have calmed him.

Last edited:
Obviously more guns is the answer.

Less stupidity.
Or somehow getting guns out of the hands of ignorant people.
Been a gun owner all of my life, since my military days. And have always been a responsible gun owner. That’s a debate I don’t care to engage in. Not worth either of our time.

The victim was an idiot though. Why in the hell would you argue with two guys with a shotgun and a pistol. He escalated that argument and not only did he put himself in that situation, he put his wife in it too. She could have been shot and killed too. All over a damn matress.

If you wanna argue, then fine. But do not argue with someone who has a gun and is threatening to kill you! Get the hell away!

Exactly. Walk away. And don’t continue to threaten their lives and then go for your own gun. Senseless. Especially when they are both already locked and loaded on you.

@Infoman
Perhaps better screening? IQ test applied on top of other mental health tests.
None of us will change a single mind in here and I get that.

This was to me, a group of very low IQ people handling a situation terribly and it’s very sad. RIP.

ETA: Just noticed this happened where my wife and I just went to attend a wedding. I’m sadly not surprised even though dumb folks live everywhere.

@Infoman
Perhaps better screening? IQ test applied on top of other mental health tests.
None of us will change a single mind in here and I get that.

This was to me, a group of very low IQ people handling a situation terribly and it’s very sad. RIP.

Doesn't matter... we can make guns illegal... we can put a zillion laws in place to keep them out of the hands of insane people... we can round up all the guns from law abiding citizens in the US and melt them....

None of it will change a thing...

And we all know why....

Law abiding, responsible , and sane / intelligent people that own guns... don't break the law, don't shoot innocent people, and aren't the problem.

The problem is people.... not guns... that have no respect for laws or life. And those people, no matter how insane or incredibly dumb... will find an illegal way to get a gun anyway.

(It's no different than making drugs illegal now, or alcohol illegal during prohibition).... If there is a market for it.... it will find a way to get sold... and make it into the wrong hands.

Doesn't matter... we can make guns illegal... we can put a zillion laws in place to keep them out of the hands of insane people... we can round up all the guns from law abiding citizens in the US and melt them....

None of it will change a thing...

And we all know why....

Law abiding, responsible , and sane / intelligent people that own guns... don't break the law, don't shoot innocent people, and aren't the problem.

The problem is people.... not guns... that have no respect for laws or life. And those people, no matter how insane or incredibly dumb... will find an illegal way to get a gun anyway.

(It's no different than making drugs illegal now, or alcohol illegal during prohibition).... If there is a market for it.... it will find a way to get sold... and make it into the wrong hands.

Info I completely agree and while I find many things require much thought, this one is to me, quite literally the easiest issue on the table.
I cannot even remotely fathom how anyone could think any other way on this. My spirit is pretty broken tho when it comes to many, not all, people and their views on certain things.
Criminals don’t obey laws to begin with lol.
They’d still get em. And they’d still be evil.
Think I could realize and understand this while still in the womb.

@Infoman
Also, and this is last I’ll waste of anyone’s time on this subject...
Every Thursday my wife and I go to steak night with a group of 10 friends. Group comprised of a Vietnam vet, couple of other vets (non combat, like myself) and rest civys...all but me carry their sidearms. I’ve traveled the world with these friends. Group vacations and such. Guess how many incidents any of us have ever been involved in. Go ahead. Zero.
Zero.
Yea, it’s the guns.
We haven’t been involved because we aren’t ignorant or mentally deranged people with IQ’s under 12 and tempers that redline at the drop of a hat.
But yea, it’s the guns. GTFO here with that.

Absolutely senseless.

Both threatening to kill each other, but only one side had guns.

Did 911 get called after the fact?

I may have misheard but I thought I heard the now deceased man who was enraged, tell his wife to get the gun. Perhaps he meant get one of the guns the other two were carrying.
Either way they should have all walked away. Epitome of senseless.

when you head down to your congressperson's town hall to suggest this, could you please ask your wife to video - this is an exchange i need to see

Sure. Although she’s asking me to pursue politics and become the representative. I’ve been bored for years maybe I will finally chase something that stimulates my mind.

ETA:
Doubtful though. I think most are too far gone to save. The sig Elias has really does sum it all up. Truly. Imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom