The Athletic Believes (4 Viewers)

3. New Orleans Saints (2-0)​

Last week: 11

Sunday: Beat Dallas Cowboys 44-19

If BetMGM had offered action on which team would score the fourth-most points in NFL history in its first two games of the season, not one person on the planet would have picked the Saints. But here we are. New Orleans’ 91 points in the first two weeks are the most by any team since 2015. Alvin Kamara scored four touchdowns and is now the fourth player of the Super Bowl era to have multiple games with more than 150 yards of offense and four scores in a game.

Up next: vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday, 1 p.m. ET
if you dont want to open the link

The way I see it, the Saints have two chances to control their destiny against the Falcons. If we can hang two 'L's on them this year, then what happened last night won't matter much. And now that the Eagles have an NFC loss, all we have to do is hang one more on them on Sunday to gain some great leverage on them.

The Saints hold all the cards. We just have to play our best hand each and every week just like we started the season. It's great to be able to control your own destiny! :grin:

Ugh. Saints always perform better when they are underrated. Now I'm worried about the Eagles game but that's just my superstitious self.
I'm worried about every game. However, I like the way we are winning. Running the rock and obliterating D lines with our O line. That has always been a recipe for success in the NFL.

I'm worried about every game. However, I like the way we are winning. Running the rock and obliterating D lines with our O line. That has always been a recipe for success in the NFL.
Our Run/Pass balance is exceptional right now. When you do not rely on just one scheme, you make things really tough on defensive coordinators to prepare for us. And when you are really good at doing both, it's nearly impossible to consistently stop you from scoring. That's the kind of offense I've always wanted!

Thx because I immediately got pi$$ed when I couldn’t read the article, without signing up.
Hmmm... :unsure: I didn't have to sign anything to read the rankings.

It's almost like since training camps are so light and pre-season so short these days, that teams who run the ball heavy early in the year have better success because guys aren't quite used to tackling yet.

The Saints jump 19 spots to #6 in the CBS Power rankings! :9:

Same with USAToday:

These blocking techniques seem different from the wide zones of the past. You still have certain things the same but the interior linemen seem to be more just attacking the shoulders of the defense and not allowing them to get any penetration. The defense knows it needs to both get lateral and penetrate but it would require guess work at the snap and risking getting out of position. And all of our linemen have plus acceleration. I have seen all of them successfully attack the second level defenders.

Ruiz even lost weight because he knew what was coming and it shows!

This offense looks for real. I really want to see how the Chiefs defend our runs because they were able to limit the niners. Supposedly, they “funneled” everything back to Chris Jones. But I like McCoy vs Jones in that case.

Good time to be a Who Dat?!

I got this…
Perhaps there's a way to click off of that offer screen. But I never saw that offer on my screen or I wouldn't have posted that link. :unsure:

I'm on a desktop. Maybe it's a phone thing. :shrug:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom