The Athletic Believes (1 Viewer)

Ugh. Saints always perform better when they are underrated. Now I'm worried about the Eagles game but that's just my superstitious self.
That was with Payton. We're a different team now. I want us to dominate when everyone expects it, then we will truly be great.

This from NFL.com:

Rank 8
Previous 16

New Orleans Saints
2-0
It was one thing to throttle Carolina at home. Good job there. But it was quite another for the Saints to go into Dallas and thrash the Cowboys for the better part of four quarters. I promise I am not making excuses for having them 28th to start the season, but I can't imagine too many people outside the building were expecting this. Derek Carr is now 30-for-39 passing (76.9%) on the season for 443 yards -- a stunning 11.4 yards per completion -- and five TDs, with only a late pick Sunday in a game his team was winning by 22 points. I'd love to be Klint Kubiak's agent right now. The Saints' offensive coordinator has come in and improved the company's efficiency immeasurably. At this rate, he'll have his choice of head-coaching jobs in four months. In a season where passing efficiency is close to a 20-year low through two games, New Orleans is scoring at a historic rate -- 91 points, tied for the second-most in a team's first two games of a season since the 1970 merger.

These blocking techniques seem different from the wide zones of the past. You still have certain things the same but the interior linemen seem to be more just attacking the shoulders of the defense and not allowing them to get any penetration. The defense knows it needs to both get lateral and penetrate but it would require guess work at the snap and risking getting out of position. And all of our linemen have plus acceleration. I have seen all of them successfully attack the second level defenders.

Ruiz even lost weight because he knew what was coming and it shows!

This offense looks for real. I really want to see how the Chiefs defend our runs because they were able to limit the niners. Supposedly, they “funneled” everything back to Chris Jones. But I like McCoy vs Jones in that case.

Good time to be a Who Dat?!
You said penetrate!

Last edited:
I chuckle at The Sporting News' ranking: :hihi:

14. New Orleans Saints 2-0 (20)

The Saints marched into Dallas and took control with big-play passing from Derek Carr and dynamic playmaking from Alvin Kamara. That made things so much easier for a still-solid Dennis Allen defense.

Thx because I immediately got pi$$ed when I couldn’t read the article, without signing up.
If you ever open a page that has a paywall
reload page
there's a couple of seconds before the wall comes up
quickly hit ctrl+a then ctrl+c
open up word
hit ctrl+v

read at your leisure.

reload page
open up word
hit ctrl+v

read at your leisure.
Firefox and switch to reading mode also removes the nonsense on nytimes and other sites

reload page
open up word
hit ctrl+v

read at your leisure.
Great tip and I will try that. any suggestions for when you’re on the cell phone?

Hate it.

I was happy under the radar. I hate the hype. We seem to always eat the cheese.

"If BetMGM had offered action on which team would score the fourth-most points in NFL history in its first two games of the season, not one person on the planet would have picked the Saints. "

Say what? no one on the planet? Saints invented and redefined how offense is to be played the past 20 yrs son, lol

edit- successful teams create their own culture so to speak...i need say no more

Last edited:
The way I see it, the Saints have two chances to control their destiny against the Falcons. If we can hang two 'L's on them this year, then what happened last night won't matter much. And now that the Eagles have an NFC loss, all we have to do is hang one more on them on Sunday to gain some great leverage on them.

The Saints hold all the cards. We just have to play our best hand each and every week just like we started the season. It's great to be able to control your own destiny! :grin:
And, you call yourself a Saints Fan...

(Jinx in 3...2...1...)

These blocking techniques seem different from the wide zones of the past. You still have certain things the same but the interior linemen seem to be more just attacking the shoulders of the defense and not allowing them to get any penetration. The defense knows it needs to both get lateral and penetrate but it would require guess work at the snap and risking getting out of position. And all of our linemen have plus acceleration. I have seen all of them successfully attack the second level defenders.

Ruiz even lost weight because he knew what was coming and it shows!

This offense looks for real. I really want to see how the Chiefs defend our runs because they were able to limit the niners. Supposedly, they “funneled” everything back to Chris Jones. But I like McCoy vs Jones in that case.

Good time to be a Who Dat?!
And.... the WRs and TEs are very active in the downfield blocking!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom