The Bible is a work of fiction (7 Viewers)

A single story that is fiction is that of Noah and the Ark. How did the penguins and polar bears get to the Ark? Also this was before the Columbian Exchange(The exchanging of animals/plants/and disease between the Spaniards and Indians). How did Noah get llamas, skunks, turkeys raccoons and other such mammals that were not indigenous to the region where Noah supposedly built the ark.

I think I read somewhere that just the insects would have filled the ark a few times over.

While it's a fun topic to argue, neither side can ever come out victorious. Bible stories can easily be pointed out as being exaggerated fairy tales and being impossible, but many Christians now argue that the Bible uses metaphors and isn't meant to be taken literally.. It's just an arguement that has no end. Those who have faith will come up with new ways to prove that the Bible is true, and those who don't believe in the Bible will come up with new ways to disprove it... Never ending cycle. Too bad we won't figure it out in time to party OR pray. I've chosen party! Hope I'm not wrong..

SausageQueen.jpg

this proof enough for me

The bible is real. what some people make of it isn't. it seemed to be a book made to guide people in a more positive life style. a lot of people took things too literal and started a downward spiral. now we're surrounded by a bunch of yo yo's who think there's some "guy in the sky" judging us for everything we do.

so i end this discussion with........it's a book that was made to help but has done more damage than good.

I believe the Bible is a mixture of real stories and fables to explain our origins... and then before any of these stories were put to parchment they were repeated more times than be counted and distorted like a massive game of telephone. That is the old testament... then we get to the new testament... many of the stories added in the new testament more than likely occured and were then sensationalized and misconstrued... conflicting reports were written... some were included in the bible others were not and still more have been altered throughout history to fit the agenda of those in power.

All in all if you want to scientifically test something you attempt to disprove it(not prove it), I am fairly certain that we can find some statement of "fact" in the bible that would fail to pass a test of historical accuracy. Therefore at least some of the books contents are fiction and the book must be considered fictional or at least inaccurate.

I must be doing something right if I am ticking off liberals in one thread and conservatives in another lol

GOD bless you my friend! I just don't get people that don't believe in GOD, he is real, I know for a fact, i wouldn't be where I am today without him. Science has been trying to prove the bible wrong since it was wriiten, and it is still FAILing to do so. There, this thread is FULL of FAIL.

Last edited:
GOD bless you my friend! I just don't get people that don't believe in GOD, he is real, I know for a fact, i wouldn't be where I am today without him. Science has been trying to prove the bible wrong since it was wriiten, and it is still FAILing to do so. There, this thread is FULL of FAIL.

Fact or faith?

Thats not exactly how the scientific or research process works. If you make a claim, the bible is true, its up to you to test that hypothesis or confirm its validity.

So if he claims it isn't true then it is up to him to test that hypothesis or confirm its validity.

Last edited:
Which bible are we talking about? There are many versions within christianity alone much less what it is commonly refer to as a bible in other non-christian religions.

Its all about what you believe in, if you believe its fake then its fake. If its real, then its real. In my opinion religon is the same way. There is no right or wrong...there is only what you believe or don't believe in.

Can you prove that it is fiction?

Um let's see......

An invisible guy made everything, created you from dirt that he made in a day, then pulled the rib out of that one person, blew on it, and created a new person.....then punished them for 6k years because they decided to eat fruit

Jack sold his cows for magic beans and climbed a beanstalk to the sky into a giants castle and stole a gold laying chicken

A guy turned a snake into a stick, made it rain frogs and locusts, killed every boy in a city, heard another guy (disguised as a plant on fire) telling him to take thousands of people on a walk to nowhere for 40 years and moved an actual sea and then walked on the dry ground that the sea was covering.

The invisible guy was born from a lady who never had sex, changed water into alcohol, made blind people see, walked on water, rose from the dead, beat up the devil in a place of tormented souls, had people coming out of graves and waking around, and is now anywhere and everywhere if you just believe in him.

A girl walked in the forest to her grandmothers house but a wolf dressed in her grandma's clothes and nearly fooled her by talking like her

A 100+ year old guy delivers presents to boys and girls once a year flying on a box pulled by flying deer and jumps his fat butt up and down smoke stacks

A guy lived inside of a giant fish under the depths of the ocean for 3 days simply because he didn't listen to the invisible guy who loves him so much.

The invisible guy is everwhere is everything, who is the creator, the son of the creator, and casper the ghost, but he is ONE, remember. He is a perfect person but made man in his image as an imperfect product requiring them to praise the invisible guy but didn't give them any type of clear direction of who he is, just suspect clues and misleading / contradicting suggestions, but if you don't find him in his true form, you will burn forever all because he loves you...

Um let's see......

An invisible guy made everything, created you from dirt that he made in a day, then pulled the rib out of that one person, blew on it, and created a new person.....then punished them for 6k years because they decided to eat fruit

Jack sold his cows for magic beans and climbed a beanstalk to the sky into a giants castle and stole a gold laying chicken

A guy turned a snake into a stick, made it rain frogs and locusts, killed every boy in a city, heard another guy (disguised as a plant on fire) telling him to take thousands of people on a walk to nowhere for 40 years and moved an actual sea and then walked on the dry ground that the sea was covering.

The invisible guy was born from a lady who never had sex, changed water into alcohol, made blind people see, walked on water, rose from the dead, beat up the devil in a place of tormented souls, had people coming out of graves and waking around, and is now anywhere and everywhere if you just believe in him.

A girl walked in the forest to her grandmothers house but a wolf dressed in her grandma's clothes and nearly fooled her by talking like her

A 100+ year old guy delivers presents to boys and girls once a year flying on a box pulled by flying deer and jumps his fat butt up and down smoke stacks

A guy lived inside of a giant fish under the depths of the ocean for 3 days simply because he didn't listen to the invisible guy who loves him so much.

The invisible guy is everwhere is everything, who is the creator, the son of the creator, and casper the ghost, but he is ONE, remember. He is a perfect person but made man in his image as an imperfect product requiring them to praise the invisible guy but didn't give them any type of clear direction of who he is, just suspect clues and misleading / contradicting suggestions, but if you don't find him in his true form, you will burn forever all because he loves you...

:ezbill: You still have not offered any proof Brophy, just allegory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom