The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to further promote change in police. I just found this which occurred a year ago:

WTF!!! Is it normal practice to administer a sedative to someone who is basically unconscious already?

And the fact no one was arrested is a forking tragedy.

FYI - I have picked up some law enforcement intel that tonight may be the night that New Orleans gets hit by intentional agitator types.

Also, from another source, I have heard that there are a lot of out of town license plates congregating as a starting point at a Best Buy in Harvey, along with rumors of suspicious piles of bricks showing up in random spots throughout the city.

Be careful my friends.

FYI - I have picked up some law enforcement intel that tonight may be the night that New Orleans gets hit by intentional agitator types.

Also, from another source, I have heard that there are a lot of out of town license plates congregating as a starting point at a Best Buy in Harvey, along with rumors of suspicious piles of bricks showing up in random spots throughout the city.

Be careful my friends.

If these rumors are possibly true, why not simply send LEOs to scout those areas and make sure they can't get going with that stuff?

Some Westbanker should go scout the Best Buy by West Jeff Stadium. That's the only Best Buy I know on the Westbank. NW corner Manhattan/Expressway.

When I first heard about this, I was both angry and disappointed, but this morning, after thinking longer about it, I realized that the NOPD probably was doing these people a huge favor, even though most of the crowd probably didn’t understand it while being gassed. Hopefully this does not offend anyone, but follow me here…

New Orleans, of all cities, has had one of, if not the most peaceful protests on this thing in the entire nation. Aside from great people that are use to large, melting pot type gatherings like this, as well as a police force used to dealing with crowd control and strategic parade planning, what does New Orleans have that most other cities don't? A predominantly black police force – something that seems to be very unique in our nation as far as big cities.

Do we really think it is a coincidence that New Orleans has had the most chill and relaxed peaceful protests of all cities? Trust me, it is not, and that has a lot to do with the police force setting a proper tone as friends, rather than adversaries, similar to what we have seen in other smaller cities that have taken a similar approach regardless of the police forces' predominant race.

Now on other hand, as a former Westbank resident that still has dealings, relatives, and acquaintances over there to this day, I speak from experience – the tide completely changes once you get to Jefferson Parish and Gretna. You go from having a predominantly black police force with the NOPD that would be okay with these protests, to an entire different vibe of authority presence once you go over to the Westbank and encounter JPSO/Gretna Police. Remember the “right wing,” “racist,” “meathead” and “jerk to be a jerk” cops I alluded to in my commentary post about the fallacy that "the majority of cops are good" a few days back, and how I said I believe these types of people are infesting police departments? Well, the Westbank is full of them. I know from my interactions with them that I have had in the past, and I know from many of the Facebook posts and replies I see from old “friends” that are now cops over there, along with the replies from their fellow police co-workers. It is a culture, and it is police forces like those that have become nothing more than Right Wing paramilitaries itching for confrontation with people protesting a cause like this. And that works both ways, because protesters can sense it too when interacting with those types of police forces, and they become more confrontational as a result.

If those New Orleans protesters were allowed to cross that bridge, I have read firsthand from one of those so-called old friends that “JP was ready for ‘em.” If those folks had crossed that bridge, that is when New Orleans would have turned into one of those ugly scenes we have seen so consistently on TV for the past week - where the police already have a bad, confrontational attitude about the whole protest in general and are looking for a fight, even if they have to create it themselves.

So with all that, kudos to the NOPD for taking one on the chin for the greater good.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Without having a chance to look into specifics, I'd still have preferred NOPD make an attempt to say, "We'll all leave together but we have to leave."

I hadn't seen this posted... but man, the police union president is a piece of work.

The head of the Minneapolis police union says George Floyd’s “violent criminal history” needs to be remembered and that the protests over his death are the work of a “terrorist movement.”

“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

I hadn't seen this posted... but man, the police union president is a piece of work.

Yep. What makes him a fool is that he's trying to use alleged prior happenings to justify the blatant murder of a helpless human being.

Not helping the way police are viewed in this country with statements like that.

Yep. What makes him a fool is that he's trying to use alleged prior happenings to justify the blatant murder of a helpless human being.

Not helping the way police are viewed in this country with statements like that.

He's also trying to taint the jury pool. If he wasn't a cop he'd be facing charges too.

Lol. Hopefully not.
Low hanging fruit.

I'm probably going to head that way do some droning of the protests since I have to be down there anyway starting tomorrow for the category 5 killer hurricane coming.

George Floyd could have punched elderly women and stolen their purses every day for ten years, he was still murdered by a cop. I don't know what kind of person George Floyd was or what his moral character was. It also doesn't matter ONE DAMN BIT. Nothing he did before that moment changes the fact that he was murdered by a cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom