The Differences with Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

Let’s just hope he learned from the mistakes made in his HC stint with the Raiders. He has a very solid Team core, just needs a few pieces to fill it out and with our Draft picks it looks like we did.

Let’s just hope he learned from the mistakes made in his HC stint with the Raiders. He has a very solid Team core, just needs a few pieces to fill it out and with our Draft picks it looks like we did.

I hear this alot and what mistakes did he make other than jumping on the first NFL job that came his way and a ton of money to work for a crazy man in a broken franchise?

I mean I have no idea what mistakes he made other than not winning enough games with a team he didn't build under a regime that didn't actually build or allow him to execute a plan.

Did he send Fred Thomas out to play WR with his hand cast? Was he trying to make the punter play DE against Terron Armstead?

I hear this alot and what mistakes did he make other than jumping on the first NFL job that came his way and a ton of money to work for a crazy man in a broken franchise?

I mean I have no idea what mistakes he made other than not winning enough games with a team he didn't build under a regime that didn't actually build or allow him to execute a plan.

Did he send Fred Thomas out to play WR with his hand cast? Was he trying to make the punter play DE against Terron Armstead?
I think his “mistakes” were mostly just him having to learn on the job.

The man went from being a secondary coach for 3 years to being a defensive coordinator for one year then straight to being a head coach. That’s a massive leap in regards to responsibilities on his plate.

Since then he’s added 6.5 years of DC experience so he should be much more prepared and will know what to expect going into this head coaching tenure as opposed to his first where he was entirely blind (and in a bad situation).

I think his “mistakes” were mostly just him having to learn on the job.

The man went from being a secondary coach for 3 years to being a defensive coordinator for one year then straight to being a head coach. That’s a massive leap in regards to responsibilities on his plate.

Since then he’s added 6.5 years of DC experience so he should be much more prepared and will know what to expect going into this head coaching tenure as opposed to his first where he was entirely blind (and in a bad situation).

That's sort of what I was getting at. He didn't make any mistakes at all. He did well enough as secondary coach to get a DC job and well enough at that that an idiot franchise hired an inexperienced, unproven DC to run a broken franchise.

His only mistake was not getting more money out of them for hiring the wrong guy.

I fully expect this narrative to disappear after he takes this team to the playoffs this year. Saints are a legit Super Bowl contender this year if they can stay relatively healthy

There's not much difference in the way Dennis Allen is running things from the way Sean Payton ran things. Not many changes were made. That's a good thing. He made improvements where the team needed improving. No need to tear it all down. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It was a successful system when Allen became head coach so, you keep doing it the exact same way while making improvements along the way.

The good news here is that almost the entire coaching staff has stayed on and we are a winning team. DA has also now had the great opportunity to work every day with a Hall of Fame Coach. There is no question that he learned much from Coach Payton. In the end, however, the unknown will remain until Coach Allen shows he can not only coach but motivate this talented team week to week. I think he will, but we all will have to wait and see!

DA’s success depends on the offense. The FO did a good job of retooling that side of the ball with hiring Marrone to fix the OL, drafting an LT in the first round, and completely revamping the WR room to a great strength if they’re all healthy. And I think it all relies on the running game. If Winston has no running game, then he’s going to be very prone to throwing picks when he presses to get a first down on third and long.

The offense was the only thing holding Payton back from winning a championship with this defense. It would be strange if the offense became top 10 the year after one of the greatest offensive guru’s Sean Payton stepped down as HC.

Let's not forget that DA was a HUGE reason the Saints were so successful the last several seasons when Payton was still the HC.

Our problem over most of CSP's tenure was the D. When it was bad we won. When it was ok, we won alot. When it was good, we became dominant.

DA has our D at the top of the league.

Everyone gave Brees and CSP all the credit for the offense's success, but overlooked has always been Coach Carmichael.

Let's say the success was Brees and CSP at first, but Carmichael was the planner. He called plays not only when CSP was suspended and the Saints had a 1 or 2 offense, but he's done it at other times, as well so I don't think it's going to be a fluke if we end up with a top 5 offense to go with our already dominant D.

If that's the case, our window is wide open. Again.

Did he try to draft a kicker in the first round? :hihi:

That's sort of what I was getting at. He didn't make any mistakes at all. He did well enough as secondary coach to get a DC job and well enough at that that an idiot franchise hired an inexperienced, unproven DC to run a broken franchise.

His only mistake was not getting more money out of them for hiring the wrong guy.
Don’t underestimate what he has learned from CSP. I think he’s in a great position especially keeping Carmichael around running the offense.

There's not much difference in the way Dennis Allen is running things from the way Sean Payton ran things. Not many changes were made. That's a good thing. He made improvements where the team needed improving. No need to tear it all down. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It was a successful system when Allen became head coach so, you keep doing it the exact same way while making improvements along the way.
The pads have yet to be put on a preseason game has yet to be played and we have not seen this team in an adverse situation where we see DA's ability to adjust or how DA handles the rosters instability due to injury or attrition.

Before we start convincing ourselfs that CSP was not the HOF Coach he turned out to be and anybody can do his job let's wait to see how overall DA handles the job of an HC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom