The Expectations and Effects of RB/FB/TE Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure people realize it, but Taysom had more touches (114) last year than Juszczyk, Kittle and Jennings combined (104).

Good Post! Crazy right? On the surface most people would consider it a good thing if Taysom merely filled the role of Juszczyk, who was named 1st Team All-Pro last year with 6 rushing yards on 5 carries with no touchdowns while adding 119 yards on 14 receptions with 2 receiving TDs.

Excerpts from an 8/20/24 article by Adam Holt of A to Z Sports as viewed at www.atozsports.com

Don't let the preseason fool you about Taysom Hill's usage in the New Orleans Saints offense for 2024​

Many fans of the New Orleans Saints are intrigued to see Taysom Hill in Klint Kubiak's offense. During minicamp and training camp practices, we heard murmurs of reps for Hill at many positions, including running back, tight end, fullback, and quarterback. He was getting moved around plenty.

The utility weapon for New Orleans has not got a ton of touches during the preseason, but do not let that fool you.

Taysom Hill's unique role in 2024​

Kubiak has a lot of faith in Taysom for this year's offense, and there's plan in place for him that fans have not got a true glimpse of quite yet.

Nick Underhill noted on Tuesday that Hill's usage will be much more creative than fans have seen during the preseason.

We did see Hill take some backfield reps with a QB under center, and that was nice to see.

The veteran has impressive burst, and his strength shows up when he can get going downhill from this spot.

He also lined up at fullback multiple times, throwing key blocks for Jamaal Williams during this preseason so far.

Hill is pumped for his unique, new role in the offense.

Many folks thought his usage was already a bit mind-boggling, but it sounds like Kubiak will push the envelope with him even further.

Don't let the exhibition games fool you. The play-caller for the Saints is going to get Hill involved often and uniquely in 2024.

Expect it to be effective, too.

Full Article In Link Below:

Hill being used as a H-back is going to bring more versatility to the offense. he can line up at RB, FB or TE.
What that does is make personnel difficult for the defense. We can have Hill and Kamara and a TE (I am thinking Holer) and we could go I-formation or we could be spread 5 wide without changing personnel. We could play more up-tempo to maximize mismatches.

I am really excited about this season!

What that does is make personnel difficult for the defense. We can have Hill and Kamara and a TE (I am thinking Holer) and we could go I-formation or we could be spread 5 wide without changing personnel. We could play more up-tempo to maximize mismatches.

I am really excited about this season!

I think we are priming the offense for the return of Slot Kamara running option routes. Also, Hill is a better blocker than Kamara for when we need to keep a RB. Kubiak using lots of 21 personnel covers for the lack of experience/talent at WR.

I couldn’t agree more. This team will be at its best when we are in 21 formation and have an equal chance of handing the ball off to Kamara/Hill as we do to have everyone go out to catch passes against a defense that likely will feature more LBs than DBs. We need to run passes where Kamara and Hill are matched up on LBs.

We’ll need to not go down by multiple scores and commit to running the ball to make this a reality, however.

He's 34, my only concern at this point would be overuse, but then I think, hey he's 34, wring as much as you can out of him, there's never been another player quite like him in league history.

He's 34, my only concern at this point would be overuse, but then I think, hey he's 34, wring as much as you can out of him, there's never been another player quite like him in league history.

This is where I am also. Time to wear him out, unload the full clip. Just straight up abuse him as his career wraps up (of course while still being smart with him in regards to injuries).

I'm thinking Taysom probably gets goaline runs and short downs vs Kamara. I also see him being used like when we had Ingram. I think he will put up better numbers for sure. It's going to be a lot of fun seeing him adjust and do whatever the team needs. I hope they keep him part of the team even after he hangs up the pads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom