The first mass produced American hypercar? (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hennessey makes the Venom F5, but that is a very small volume/stupid expensive car, so the only other real US-made car with this level of power is from Chevy. I'm not including the Dodge Demon 170 which makes more power, but is basically only a drag strip racer...

The new Corvette ZR1 puts out 1,064 hp using the Z06 motor w/ twin turbskies w/o any sort of hybrid assist. That power output is def in hypercar territory. It's more than a Bugatti Veyron, McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lambo Revuelto, etc...

The only thing that I would consider that would not make it be considered a hypercar would be the cost (which I'm assuming will be north of 200 or maybe even 300k as the Mustang GTD will be over 300k with 200 less hp), and the interior which is the same as your run-of-the mill C8...

Still, this thing is going to be a road/track monster, and if Chevy is still considering on making the Zora down the road, I can only imagine how much more insane that car will be...

I'm a GM guy and bang for the buck you can't beat the vette the last few years. That being said certain things come with GM cars. As much plastic inside the car as possible and built as cheaply as possible. You don't get that with a Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, or Lamborghini and the reason a Vette will never seriously be considered in the same league as those cars. It's a budget supercar which is probably the crowd GM is really going after.

Hennessey makes the Venom F5, but that is a very small volume/stupid expensive car, so the only other real US-made car with this level of power is from Chevy. I'm not including the Dodge Demon 170 which makes more power, but is basically only a drag strip racer...

The new Corvette ZR1 puts out 1,064 hp using the Z06 motor w/ twin turbskies w/o any sort of hybrid assist. That power output is def in hypercar territory. It's more than a Bugatti Veyron, McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lambo Revuelto, etc...

The only thing that I would consider that would not make it be considered a hypercar would be the cost (which I'm assuming will be north of 200 or maybe even 300k as the Mustang GTD will be over 300k with 200 less hp), and the interior which is the same as your run-of-the mill C8...

Still, this thing is going to be a road/track monster, and if Chevy is still considering on making the Zora down the road, I can only imagine how much more insane that car will be...

They may be targeting the hypercar performance, but I wouldn't exactly call a Vette a hypercar, no matter what you put in it. The styling and the rest of the car is solid, but not hypercar territory. I mean, you need carbon fiber inserts, top notch materials and tech, and for lack of a better word, image.

They may be targeting the hypercar performance, but I wouldn't exactly call a Vette a hypercar, no matter what you put in it. The styling and the rest of the car is solid, but not hypercar territory. I mean, you need carbon fiber inserts, top notch materials and tech, and for lack of a better word, image.
Well, there is a lot of carbon fiber in/on it, starting w/ the steering wheel/central console and stretching to the exterior bits/rims in certain options. Everything else seems to be Napa leather/microfiber at least w/ the 3LZ trim. As I said, I figured the price/interior would not make it to be considered a hypercar, but I brought it up since the Z06 def has supercar performance...

Last edited:
Well, there is a lot of carbon fiber in/on it, starting w/ the steering wheel and stretching to the exterior bits. As I said, I figured the price/interior would not make it to be considered a hypercar, but I brought it up since the Z06 def has supercar performance...
With that engine, no doubt. I have to think they upgraded the rest as well. You're gonna need everything to handle that beast, brakes, suspension, trans, etc.

In other words, more bling. The ZR-1 will run on a track with A Bugatti EB 110 SS. The performance numbers are very similar but the Bugatti is $3.1 million and the Hennessey ZR-1 is about $176,000. I'll take the Vette all day any day. A door ding won't cost me $10,000, and an oil change $20,000. I can take the ZR-1 to the dealer and put in Mobile 1 Synthetic, or do it myself.

If I had the $3.1 mil for the Bugatti I'd buy the Vette and spend the rest on foolishness. Maybe git me a Stage III Baldwin Motion Camaro :hihi:
1721993220343.png

Last edited:
I know it wasn't mass produced, but God I wanted a Vector W8 when I was younger

sddefault.jpg

The tech in the Corvette is probably better than the tech of many of the so-called hypercars.

And image is a very good word. Those are cars that are very expensive for the sake of being expensive, and thought to be better simply because they are very expensive.

I never was too big on those cars. I was always more into muscle cars, more specifically Camaros. These days, I am very happy with either a Cadillac or an Infiniti sedan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom