The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1 Viewer)

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen the movie and the more I watch it the more I like it. I know I'm a dork get off my freaking back.

Anyways, everyone I know that read the book said that its so much better. I googled all the stuff and saw that there are a lot more books in the series...if it is a series.

Anyone read these? Are all the books good and are they all connected?

I've read 'em all. Yes they are a series. Douglas Adams called it a 5 book "trilogy".

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

"The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

"Life, the Universe and Everything"

"So Long and Thanks for All the Fish"

"Mostly Harmless"

You can get the whole series pretty cheap as they are now bundled in a single 800+ page book for about $15.

Good read. Funny.

I've read the first two and So Long.... I owned that 800 page 5 book bundle Kooldak mentioned.

I saw the movie in theatres. It was decent, but I enjoyed the book much more.

I've read the entire set so many times I think I could quote the entire thing by heart.

My second favorite set of books ever....

Favorite = "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls. I read that for the first time in the 6th grade and I'm still in love with it.

I've seen the movie and the more I watch it the more I like it. I know I'm a dork get off my freaking back.

Anyways, everyone I know that read the book said that its so much better. I googled all the stuff and saw that there are a lot more books in the series...if it is a series.

Anyone read these? Are all the books good and are they all connected?

Just as long as everyone knows that there's the Radio Series, the TV series, the books, the movie, the movie script that wasn't, the "updated for collections" radio series, and uhmm... a TV movie ( I think?). Of which no two are identical. close, but all different.

as i recall, the movie is the "true" version that DA wanted to have from the beginning but he kept changing it, and kept the "true" version on the back burner.

But Douglas Adams (RIP) wrote them all with different storyline twists on purpose (although the general theme to the story is always the same)..

I got hooked on the series in about 1990, when a buddy turned me on to the BBC radio tapes. Funny, great stuff. I then read the books, and enjoyed the whole thing even more. I personally own the large leather bound volume that others have mentioned. I thought they did a pretty good job with the film, but as is so often the case with these things, no movie will ever touch the books.

I tried reading the first chapter of the first book and couldn't make it through it. I've also not been able to make it through the movie either. Perhaps its just not my humor style

i have to be in mood for that type of humor.

i didn't like the movie that much but it has one part that made it all worthwhile.

the part with the whale absolutely cracked me up.

i can't remember ever laughing like that in a movie theater before. i was still laughing about it 10 minutes later

Barnes and Noble on the westbank had Drew Brees reading to kids last fall in the store. I got to meet him and they donated $$$ to his foundation. So, no boycott here.

I just remember when people were mad because they had a review saying we stole 'who dat' from the Bengals. :covri:

But I went to Books-a-million, since that's all we have around here, and bought it. I will start it as soon as I finish the new RA Salvatore novel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom