The NFC South will be the worst division in football this year (1 Viewer)

The Bucs are gonna be 2nd in the division this season. The failconns suck on the LOS & the Panthers are abysmal.

This. Bucs Defense will be solid if they stay healthy, and i think Arians will find a way to score some points with those big receivers.

If Cam continues his play, Panthers will be last, and they will clean house. Not sure on the Falcons yet.

I think the Bucs knock out Green Bay, Seattle, or Chicago for the last wild card.
Unless they suddenly take a leap I can't see this.

They looked BAD vs SF and they looked BAD vs Carolina. The Bucs won Thursday in spite of themselves.

Now it is football, so I can see a scenario where Arians coaches his butt off and the Bucs playing the last place schedule vaults them to a sudden improvement, but nothing they have shown so far suggests them being a playoff contender.

They are certainly building the pieces for a very good defense though. But as long as Jameis is who he is, they aren't ready to take that leap yet, IMO.

I agree that it is too early to know exactly how good or bad our division opponents are. But none of the 3 have shown any promise yet. If they continue to play like this, the division should be a cakewalk. Some very early observations:

Atlanta - no defense, no running game. Their game against Minny was worse than the score. They have to balance their attack and improve that defense to compete. With their OL issues, I just can't see a much improved offense.

Panthers - decent defense, offense is all about, and only about, McCaffrey. Cam has some physical problems. If those heal, then the Panthers can turn on the passing game and make a run. I just don't think we're going to see the old Cam ever again. If I were Arians, I'd be working with Grier this year getting him ready for 2020.

Tampa Bay - as long as the Winston we saw in the first 2 games is on the field, they will have offensive issues. Arians will have to work miracles with him for Tampa to make a run. We kind of know who Winston is. I don't see even Arians, the "QB Whisperer" making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

But lets look back after the 1st quarter of the season and see if these observation stand or teams improve.

Saints 12-4
Panthers 7-9
Falcons 5-11
Bucs 4-12

Let's take advantage of it.

No reason we don't go 6-0 within our division.
Never happen, division rivals seem to get it done once and awhile [even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile" JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom