The NFL OWE US ONE EXTRA HOME GAME (1 Viewer)

Seahawker Ed

NOLA Luchador
Reaction score
The NFL OWES US ONE EXTRA HOME GAME

I am wondering why tha SAINTS have to go to New York again on Christmas Eve and play the giants this season when last year we gave them an extra home game. I think the NFL should give us that game back and have it in the superdome. What do u guys think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

fish

All-Pro
Reaction score
+1 million.

Never happen tho'.
Nor should it. The Giants having an extra home game last year was an unfair advantage over every other team in the league. Us getting it back this year would be the same thing, an unfair advantage. When we hit the playoffs, I don't want an asterisk beside our record.

Man, those international games are going to cause some headaches, aren't they?

OP
Seahawker Ed

Seahawker Ed

NOLA Luchador
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the international games should only be pre-season games. If tha were Saints to play a regular game on other side of the world no of us would be able to see them.

eaux-yeah

Keep on Puffin'
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I love the idea and also think they (NFL) should do that and only give the Giants a 2 week notice beforehand.

We'll even be nice and call it THEIR home game. Yeah, that'll happen.

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Super Moderator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. The NYG game last year WAS a home game. What more could you want?

/sarcasm off

:ezbill:

Sniper Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
While it was unfair to relocate a home game last year to the visitors stadium (Saints/Giants,) it WAS last year and the whole purpose of the NFL wasn't so much as where to have the game as it was a charity fundraiser for Katrina. Yeah, the team got screwed and the Giants benefited, but under the circumstances of last year and what the NFL was trying to accomplish for the Gulf Coast, I feel that the whole 'Giants owe us a home game,' is something that should just be let go as water under the bridge.

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I love the idea and also think they (NFL) should do that and only give the Giants a 2 week notice beforehand.

We'll even be nice and call it THEIR home game. Yeah, that'll happen.
I couldn't agree more. Not being sarcastic, I would even venture as far as saying every game this year should have been a home game to help the greater New Orleans area.

Dann

Reaction score
The beauty of it is that the players who are still here from last year will most likely remember their 'home' game against the Giants, and will play that much harder to win when it comes time to play the game...

Teach

just jack'em up
Reaction score
They gave us the money from the game...

While it was unfair to relocate a home game last year to the visitors stadium (Saints/Giants,) it WAS last year and the whole purpose of the NFL wasn't so much as where to have the game as it was a charity fundraiser for Katrina. Yeah, the team got screwed and the Giants benefited, but under the circumstances of last year and what the NFL was trying to accomplish for the Gulf Coast, I feel that the whole 'Giants owe us a home game,' is something that should just be let go as water under the bridge.
AGREED...Water under the bridge...and I agree with fish too - no asterisks*

*no asterisks

ridgeben

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The way that I look at it is the NFL kicked in 20 million worth of renovations to make sure that we had 8 home games this year. In my book, we are all square.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saint Kamara Take the extra point and the 15 yard penalty Gameday Board 3
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
If crowd was allowed, Saints fans would've dominated at Raiders home opener, forecast shows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
No Home Field Advantage in NFL today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
St.Dan ‘06 home win over the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Bill Question Will (or Should) our home games start the same? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Covington Saint There's no integrity left in the NFL game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 72
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
mither_rome Run game early Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CowtownSaint Murray, Harris or TQS, Who has the Biggest Game Tonight? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2494
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 229
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 392
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 252