The Perfect 16 Team Playoff System (1 Viewer)

gw504saints

Very Banned
Reaction score
All of the big six conferences (SEC,ACC, Big-12, Big East, Pac-10,the Big-10 already have 11), must all have 12 teams and a championship game.

ACC is ok
SEC is ok
Big 12 is ok
Big 10 add <st1><st1>Colorado</st1> <st1>State</st1></st1>
Pac 10 add <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Boise St.</st1:address></st1:street> and <st1><st1:state w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:state></st1>.
Big East add Notre Dame, <st1:city w:st="on">Memphis</st1:city>, East Carolina,<st1><st1:city w:st="on">Bowling Green</st1:city></st1>

That will give 6 teams and 10 at large bids. Have a panel pick the final 10 like in March Madness by using the season final rankings.

The champion games are played on December 1,

The First round (16 teams) will be played on December 8. In the first round the higher seed could receive the home game.

Quarter finals round (8 teams) on December 15,
-All of the teams that played in the quarter finals are guaranteed a BCS Bowl(Sugar,<st1><st1:city w:st="on">Orange</st1:city></st1>,Rose,Fiesta,Title game) and also select 2 teams from the first round to for that final spot. Those games will be played on the 1<sup>st</sup> of January.*

Semi final (4 teams) on December 22.
Title game on January 8 is the BCS(2 teams)

*For the teams that did not make the playoffs let the bowls select their teams after the quarter final round this will help include the 6 teams that was eliminated after the first round.In the first two rounds the higher seed could receive the home game and then you could rotate cities like in March Madness for the Semi final and Finals.

Last edited:
let's just do 128 team playoff... haha

we can bring up teams like APP State... and make it the monster of allllll playoffs. Have half the year just be playoff games! The first half of the year will be used for seeding purposes! haha

This idea would never fly, the winners of the smaller conferences have to be guaranteed a spot or else it is meaningless for them to even field a team

I think I may have posted this before and it will NEVER happen but if I was appointed King of College Football this is what I would do:

6 conferences. All with 12 teams.

ACC
PAC-10
SEC
BIG 10
BIG East
Big 12

Everyone else gets sent to I-AA (I'm King here we don't use that moronical title FCS or whatever it is on my watch)

Each team plays 8 conference games plus a Conference Championship game.

Win your Conference championship game you go onto the 6 team playoffs. Top 2 teams based on BCS type formula get byes and it goes from there.

You would get a lot more great OCC games like Ohio State/USC because teams wouldn't be afraid that losing 1 game would knock them out of the playoff chase, and a win would boost your shot at a bye AND you get to keep the "the season is the playoffs" type intensity because you HAVE to win your conference to move on.

I can't even discuss this stuff anymore. Just ****** me off. Earlier this year the BCS went back on what was originally being said would happen, and thats a +1 in 2010. The Pac-10 and the Big-10 refused to even debate the issue. The SEC and ACC were the strongest supporters.

Unless USC sinks into the pacific ocean and tOSU disbands as a college you will never see any form of playoff or even +1 system.

But hey, it gives me one more reason to hate those schools and their conferences, so thats a plus.

One thing I don't understand about your plan is why it's necessary to have 12 teams and a conference championship game.

I think every school should be required to either

a. Play every team in it's conference
b. Have a conference championship game

It's dedundant, IMO, to have a conference championship game if you play every team in your conference. The NFC South doesn't have a championship game. So, IMO, the Pac 10 does it right because you do have to play every team. The Big 11, needs to either have a title game or play every team.

It's dedundant, IMO, to have a conference championship game if you play every team in your conference.

Did any of our plans say that? Maybe I'm just overlooking it.

The Big 11, needs to either have a title game or play every team.

The problem is to have a championship game the NCAA requires your conference to have 12 teams first. The Big "11" dose not really want a 12th team unless that 12th team is Notre Dame and Notre Dame seems to think they are fine still being an independent.

As for them playing every team in conference that would get pretty boring playing the same 10 teams every year and only 2 out of conference games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom