The Race for the 4th Seed (4 Viewers)

Clippers were cruising but Leonard took himself out the game, went to the locker room, changed and left the arena (allegedly)

Clippers were cruising but Leonard took himself out the game, went to the locker room, changed and left the arena (allegedly)
Imma have to turn on that game!

Kings are up 75 to 56 at half vs the Bucks. :eek:

Apparently Leonard was having back spasms. Usually that's not too bad but sometimes it can be a lingering issue

They just said that the Clips play 8 out of the next 11 on the road, if I heard that right. Good for us.

Last edited:
Having these two teams beat, the hell out of each other is good for us
Especially with the Clips losing the game, and maybe losing Kawhi Leonard for a while.

The Pels now have a decent chance of not only solidifying their 5th seed, but possibly moving up. But they have to do their part and continue putting up Ws. This 3 game homestand against the Cavaliers, then the Clippers, then Portland will tell a lot about their prospects going forward.

Yeah... the Clips being without Kawhi changes everything.... So does the Wolves being without KAT.... Both could drop in the standings quick... The question is do the Pels take advantage, and do we stay healthy. I think getting a top 4 seed changes many things about how I view this team's playoff chances past the 1st round/Play-In. Because the west is to tight and muddled... nearly every team can still finish in the top 4... bottom 4... play-in.... or be out completely in the next 3 weeks. (We are 5.5 games out of 1st, and 5 games out of 10th LOL)

The Clippers seem to be the team the Pelicans are mainly in competition with for playoff seeding. The game Friday night at SKC between the Clips and Pels is the final time the teams will compete against each other in the regular season.

The Clippers play at the Chicago Bulls Thursday night before coming to N.O, to play the Pels Friday night. They also play the Atlanta Hawks (without Trae Young) at home Sunday. They play two games at the Portland Trailblazers on March 20 and 22; Philadelphia 76ers at home March 24; 76ers again in Philly March 27 (probably both games with 76ers missing Joel Embiid); and Charlotte Hornets in Charlotte March 31. While there are no EASY wins in the NBA, those are games the Clippers should win.

The Clippers also play the Indiana Pacers at home March 25; at Orlando March 29; at Sacramento April 2; Denver at home April 4; Cleveland at home April 7; and away and home against the Phoenix Suns April 9 and 10. They also have two home games against the Utah Jazz, and end the season with a home game against the Houston Rockets.

For the sake of argument, lets say the Clippers lose to the Bulls, and the Pelicans beat them on Friday (if the Pels lose we can basically stop thinking about the 4th seed). Then lets give the Clippers wins against the Hawks; 2 wins against Portland; 2 wins against Philly; and a win against Charlotte. Thats 6 more wins for the Clippers. And lets say they split the remainder of the games 5-4. That would give the Clippers a final record of 52-30. If that happens, the Pelicans could not lose more than 4 games the rest of the way in order to overtake the Clippers.

The Pels still have to play Milwaukee and Boston, and are finished with Charlotte. They play San Antonio Spurs and Portland once more, and they also have to play at Orlando and at Miami. The Pels have a home and away against the Phoenix Suns, and a game at Sacramento. Overall it looks like the Clippers have the schedule advantage, again meaning the Pels MUST beat the Clippers Friday night to have ANY chance of overtaking them. Don't know if Kawhi Leonard will be available Friday night.

Sorry for the long post!

Don't know if Kawhi Leonard will be available Friday night.
Looks unlikely that he will play. He is having some groin issues in addition to back spasms. If he does play by some miracle, he won't be 100%.

That is just not true. The Pels have obviously gotten better as the season has progressed.

Furthermore, on November 12th our record was 4-6. Since that time we are 35-19. By way of comparison, during that same period the Twolves are 37-19 and the Nuggets are 36-18

We have kept pace with the top teams in the West (except OKC) and we have done that despite missing our best bench player for most of the season (TM3 between his injury and slump) and having the hardest schedule through the All Star Break. Plus, since the ASB, we are the #1 defense in the NBA and were a Top 10 offense even before TM3 started looking like himself again. And we have the 2nd best road record in the entire league.

It all hinges on our health
Like I said. Helter Skelter bipolar team that has played particularly bad at home against top teams. Looks like that has not changed at all.

Like I said. Helter Skelter bipolar team that has played particularly bad at home against top teams. Looks like that has not changed at all.
No more than it is happening to other top teams is the point

Yeah, not happening bro... this team still has the same issues. I am just going to do what I have been doing... Hold out for hope that we can get a top 6, get a 1st round series win, and somehow get a real modern 5 in the offseason. Trading either Z or BI for a real dawg like a Donavan Mitchell would be high on my list too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom