The Race for the 4th Seed (1 Viewer)

Zack Collins is an option, but I don't think Willie will play him because he's not going to be able to switch like he wants. Which is ridiculous. Switching is so overrated for a 5 that should be rim protecting.

Agreed.... I have always contended that if we are going to switch 1-5 all the time... Larry might as well be in the starting 5 for this current squad.

Last edited:
Zack Collins is an option, but I don't think Willie will play him because he's not going to be able to switch like he wants. Which is ridiculous. Switching is so overrated for a 5 that should be rim protecting.
Stretch 5s on offense don't allow a rim protector to stay inside tho

Collin really isn't a stretch 5, tho.
I was commenting on just having a rim protector. Teams with a 5 that can shoot gameplan to pull the rim protector away from the basket

Could be why Willie has emphasized perimeter defense and length to get into passing lanes over a rim protector

OMG... we don't need rim protection... that term is nearly null and void in today's NBA... today you guard the perimeter (Herb), and make your 3s (Trey and CJ), or you probably lose. No one cares about giving up 2s anymore (Dominant bigs are shooting like 60% and no one cares)... winning teams are taking ~40 threes a game... LOL... "rim protection" is a prison term only now, not a NBA one.

We need a big that can shoot 3s, switch/defend 1-5, and stay out of Zion's way...

Last edited:
Boston is just crazy good. They are destroying teams

Atlanta needs to move on from Trae Young and build around Murray even if they have to send some 2nds with Trae to get someone to take him

No lead is safe in the NBA because of the 3 point volume. BOS is a great team. But they are not an exception to this rule. ATL just erased a 30 point lead by BOS. I’m sure BOS will come back and win. But no lead is safe.

Looks like ATL will beat BOS after being down 30…. Because of…. Shocker. 18 made 3s….

Give me shooters and spacers. Not big slow rim protection.

Agreed.... I have always contended that if we are going to switch 1-5 all the time... Larry might as well be in the starting 5 for this current squad.
Daniel Gafford is the type big this team needed to go after. Still not happy Dallas got him.

To think some folks thought the Suns were this almost unstoppable high octane team. They aren't as long as you give effort and play solid defense. I'll be highly angry if the Pels lose to them at home again.

Pacers: 65 Clippers: 62 @ halftime

Good game, high scoring so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom