the shield (1 Viewer)

I think it's sometime in mid March.

I have never seen the show on TV, but I watched all of them recently on DVD... season 5 comes out about the same time that season 6 starts.
I think it's about as good if not better than the Sopranos (which I also have to watch on DVD).

My favorite show (Sopranos a close second). I heard April would be the start but it's all speculation because they haven't released a firm date yet.

other than sports, the shield is basically the only show i watch and have watched since the beginning. i am pumped about the new season, whenever it is.

April 3rd

The Shield Set to Return

FX announces a return date for the series, plus a special mini-episode to premiere online.

by Eric Goldman
http://tv.ign.com/articles/757/757217p1.html

January 22, 2007 - It's been a long wait for fans of The Shield, as the last original episode aired March 21st, 2006. This weekend saw the news Shield fans have been waiting for, as FX used the TCA (Television Critic Association) Winter Press Tour as an occasion to announce that The Shield Season Six will premiere on April 3rd.

However, it turns out there will be some new Shield content sooner than that, thanks to a surprising source: Bud.TV, a new entertainment website being launched by Anheuser-Busch. Television Week has revealed that one of the first pieces of content on Bud.TV will be a brand new 15 minute mini-episode of The Shield. As part of an advertising and promotional deal between FX and Anheuser-Busch, the new site will be the exclusive source of the mini-episode for four weeks. After that, the episode -- which will be preceded by an Anheuser-Busch commercial -- will be available on several other sites, including AOL, as well as certain cable on demand and satellite TV promotional channels. However, it will not air on FX itself.

The mini-episode will bridge the gap between season five and six of the series, picking up with the funeral for Lem (Kenny Johnson), who died in last season's finale. Flashbacks will be shown of Lem, in previously unseen moments, as his colleagues remember him.

Bud.TV will launch February 5th, the day after the Super Bowl. However, the article in Television Week didn't state a specific date for The Shield mini-episode to premiere. Presumably, it will be at least a month before the The Shield Season Six begins.

I can't wait. I wonder if Forrest Witiker(SP) is coming back to nail Vic or if the team will find out it was Shane who killed Lem. I love the Sopranos but that last season was a Joke. The Shield is the best show on TV right now.

Wait. I thought we were waiting for part two of season five and season six would be the last season?

FX needs to get rid of Dirt and go back to their cycle of Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me and The Shield...

I can't wait. I wonder if Forrest Witiker(SP) is coming back to nail Vic or if the team will find out it was Shane who killed Lem. I love the Sopranos but that last season was a Joke. The Shield is the best show on TV right now.

I suspect Whittiker was doing a one season stint, kinda like Glenn Close did. Besides, killing Lem pretty much killed the investigation against Mack.

That mini episode has me hyped! April 3rd can't get here fast enough!

alright boys, the season 5 dvd hits stores this tuesday. fx has updated the shield site for season 6. they have some very good videos.

heh...I already have them. I downloaded them off ITunes and found a darn good video converter......burned them to DVD, wham! I've had them for months...I just need the new season to start!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom