The WEATHER is the SAME for BOTH teams, thread! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone believe that the 2-9 bengals will be playing under the SAME conditions as Our SAINTS? People are writing about the WEATHER as if The SAINTS are comprised of players who never played the game of football on grass, out-doors and under real weather conditions.

The ONLY advantage a desperate cincy team MAY have is being familiar and using the Field conditions it's self against US. If the field is slippery in any spots, the home team should know and OUR SCOUTS should know and inform Our TEAM as well. End of story!

Secure the ball all game long and make sure you are wearing the proper cleats for the field conditions. That's about as simple as it gets.

I am looking forward to seeing how OUR Rushing game gets into gear.

Hang on to the BALL, All You SAINTS!

They were talking about it on NFLN this morning and Marshall Faulk brought some logic to the table:

We are built strongly on the offensive line and have a strong defense... two things you want to have in a cold weather situation.

Still, it isn't like the winds are gusting terribly (edit: looks like they are starting to pick up, though), it's just cold. And who says you can't throw the football around the field in the cold?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psc50y9PzHM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psc50y9PzHM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Think of it this way. If both teams have to play in bad weather conditions, would you rather be on the team that has something to play for, or on the team that has nothing to play for?

Anyone believe that the 2-9 bengals will be playing under the SAME conditions as Our SAINTS? People are writing about the WEATHER as if The SAINTS are comprised of players who never played the game of football on grass, out-doors and under real weather conditions.

The ONLY advantage a desperate cincy team MAY have is being familiar and using the Field conditions it's self against US. If the field is slippery in any spots, the home team should know and OUR SCOUTS should know and inform Our TEAM as well. End of story!

Secure the ball all game long and make sure you are wearing the proper cleats for the field conditions. That's about as simple as it gets.

I am looking forward to seeing how OUR Rushing game gets into gear.

Hang on to the BALL, All You SAINTS!

True both teams have to play in the same conditions, but the Saints are built on speed and timing plays.

I don't think outdoors / cold will hurt them much against the Bengels, but in couple of weeks could be a huge factor against Baltimore, who is more suited for the elements being a bigger albeit slower team.

scaled.php

203617560.jpg

scaled.php

203613289.jpg

This game reminds me a lot of the 2006 Giants game. We were all worried going into that one because of the weather but in the end, the better team one and in convincing fashion 30-7.

Hopefully we see a similar result today.

Even if it is the weather condition is the same, it doesn't mean the affect of the weather on the teams is the same. Weather really seems to increase the likelihood of random events. For example, wind directions could momentarily change directions a bit and affect your kicks while the wind direction remains constant for the other team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom