This coming week we face the hardest game we have faced all year (1 Viewer)

Every team has something about it that's scary, even if that "something" is their own sucktivity. We can play the Fear game every week, but I'm convinced that we have a smart, mentally tough, disciplined team that can rise to any challenges. Bring 'em on.

Even theough the Steelers have a dismal record, i'm sure the bears and 'turds were expecting rather easy wins yesterday facing teams with similar records...

The steelers despite their record , are the defending champs so should not be taken lightly. Hienz Ward is scary, Willie Parker can run, and Ben threw for 433 yards yesterday albeit in a loss. I assure you Payton is not taking this team lightly, and he shouldn't.

When you become a contender type team, which i believe we are starting to achieve, every game becomes more important. Will it be the end of the world if we lose? No. It is important that we beat the defending champs in their house. An important step towards the ultimate goal

No, it won't be the end of the world. However, it will be devastating. Look at this:

Bears: 7-1
Giants: 6-2
Saints: 6-2

Bears and Giants face off next weekend and I look for the Giants to win that game. That would put the Bears and Giants at 7-2. If we win, we are 7-2 as well and tied for the best record in the conference. We need this win!

No, it won't be the end of the world. However, it will be devastating. Look at this:

Bears: 7-1
Giants: 6-2
Saints: 6-2

Bears and Giants face off next weekend and I look for the Giants to win that game. That would put the Bears and Giants at 7-2. If we win, we are 7-2 as well and tied for the best record in the conference. We need this win!

i'm not disagreeing with you DR. Iguess my point is that when you are in a neck and neck race for the division and conference lead, every game IS very important. It's been a while since we've been in that position. I was more or less responding to those that are taking this game lightly. If we lose the season isn't over, but we need to avoid the Balt type lag in order to do so. If we want to be among the leagues elite, every game is a "must win" from here on out

>>No, it won't be the end of the world. However, it will be devastating. Look at this Bears: 7-1, Giants: 6-2, Saints: 6-2

On the bright side though is that the only tiebreaker this will factor into with the Bears and Giants is the overall W/L record. Since neither of them are playing Pittsburgh this year and because they are an AFC Opponent, the game is meaningless outside of the win or loss as it relates to Chicago and New York. Still, it would be very nice to get this victory if we can snag it. I was hoping we could go 3-2 in our 5 game stretch begun against Baltimore. We're 1-1 so far. 3-2 would have had us at 8-3 heading into the final 5 games, all of which happen to be against NFC Opponents (some with potential playoff & tiebreaker implications - San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, New York Giants, Carolina).

TPS

I agree that this will be a tough and physical game coming up this week. Both teams have very good offenses. On paper this should be a high scoring game. Which ever defense steps up and plays the best will win the game. If we don't give up the big plays I believe that we will win.

The first defender to the ball carrier or receiver needs to bring him down. We did a good job of this against Tampa Bay, but they didn't have Pittsburg's playmakers. We can not give up excessive yards after contact. The Steelers are a team that lives off of yards after contact. They like to play physical. We're looked at as a finese team that doesn't like to be physically challenged. I think we'll surprise a lot of poeple this weekend.

Geaux Saints! :17:

:bier:

As long as we play Pittsburgh and not Blitzburgh. They have the same type of talent as Baltimore and we all saw what happened that week. I just hope that Payton and Co. have/will make the right adjustments and take their D out of its element.

As long as we play Pittsburgh and not Blitzburgh. They have the same type of talent as Baltimore and we all saw what happened that week. I just hope that Payton and Co. have/will make the right adjustments and take their D out of its element.

We have to take care of the ball.

If we don't turn the ball over 5 times and commit 10 penalties we can hang with Baltimore. They're tough, but we can hang. No way with 5 turnovers.

I think it's a similar situation with the Steelers. We have to get to Roethlisberger early on and keep him rattled. We'd do well also to be prepared to see Batch just in case.

Seems like the same formula for success:

Smith and Grant getting pressure

Brees pass protection

Spreading out the ball, setting up PA pass!

We do this we can win vs. Pittsburgh

This is a huge test for this team, Many people could say that the Saints will struggle agaisnt physical defenses like Pitt. It is important that we show that we can overcome this.

Steelers crowd

The Broncos did a good job of taking the crowd out of the game. That stadium was super quiet for most of the game yesterday.

I think the fans are pretty much disgusted up there and are throwing up their hands.

What concerns me is that we are not built to play AFC North football. These teams play a 3-4, which we don't see very often, and usually have big, active LB's which gave us fits (Ravens). They also usually sport a strong power run-game. The extra danger that Pitt/Cincy bring is a potent pass attack.

I just don't see a good matchup anywhere on our D. We struggle to stop the run and face Parker and their good O-line and Rothelisberger has been flinging the ball all over the field which doens't bode well vs our secondary. As in the Ravens game, I'm going to pick the turnover battle as our best chance of winning as it doesn't favor player matchups.

I do like Payton trying to develop the deep ball lately. That will change how teams defense us causing them to back some players out of the box. If that continues we could really see this O turn into one of the best in the league and then lookout. While its pointless to prognosticate, I don't think we do any worse than a split with Pitt/Cincy.

What concerns me is that we are not built to play AFC North football. These teams play a 3-4, which we don't see very often, and usually have big, active LB's which gave us fits (Ravens). They also usually sport a strong power run-game. The extra danger that Pitt/Cincy bring is a potent pass attack.

I just don't see a good matchup anywhere on our D. We struggle to stop the run and face Parker and their good O-line and Rothelisberger has been flinging the ball all over the field which doens't bode well vs our secondary.

As in the Ravens game, I'm going to pick the turnover battle as our best chance of winning as it doesn't favor player matchups. This said, I think we will probably split the Pitt/Cincy games.

I do like Payton trying to develop the deep ball lately. That will change how teams defense us causing them to back some players out of the box. If that continues we could really see this O turn into one of the best in the league and then lookout. While its pointless to prognosticate, I don't think we do any worse than a split with Pitt/Cincy.

Only two teams in the AFC North play the 3-4 and we beat one (Cleveland) and have yet to play the other (Pittsburgh).

One thing is for sure, we will be getting Pittsburgh's best effort. They are going to treat this game as a life or death situation. I kinda wished they would have won yesterday.

With a record of 2-6, their season is pretty much over. There's no way in the world the Steelers are gonna some how rip off 8 wins in a row and finish at 10-6 to assure a spot in the playoffs.

They are what their record indicates which is not very good.

I'm not one to be negative, but the reason the Steelers look bad is because of the play of Big Ben. He makes too many mistakes. But look at what causes those mistakes: pressure on the QB and a secondary that makes plays. I hate to say it but I'm not confident our defense can do either of those things. We haven't been able to put consistent pressure on the QB most of the year and I hardly ever see our secondary making plays on the ball. Hopefully they can surprise me this week. When Roethlisberger has time to throw he will pick you apart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom