This is a HUGE Statement Game! (1 Viewer)

Shawne Merriman on Sportscenter showing some "hate" on Drew: he not only picks the Ravens to win, but says that the Ravens D will force Drew into his first INT of the year!

sheesh

Both of their losses are divisional.

We lost to a dumpster fire Tampa Bay team and most likely would've lost to Cleveland if their kicker didn't miss those field goals and extra points. We also have a coin toss to thank for beating the Falcons in a game where 37 points wasn't enough to win in 4 quarters.

We could also say the same thing about our team. Our defense got torched giving up hail mary bombs from Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyrod Taylor and Matt Ryan. They beat up two garbage QBs in Eli Manning and Alex Smith. The jury is still out weather this defense has improved or not.

The Ravens defense is legit. It was legit last year when they led the league in turnovers. They have the same problem they have had for the last 5 years now; Joe Flacco is not a good quarterback. If they had a better QB, they could dominate their division and be a legit SB contender. But like 2014 proved and the last few years, Flacco is what is holding them back.

I'm glad we get to face Flacco and not a better QB, otherwise we'd most likely be in trouble with our defense.

Agree with most everything you say here but not Tampa Bay being a garbage team(at that time) nor Alex Smith being a garbage QB. Tampa came out smoking the first 2 games with Fitzpatrick having career days early. They have since regressed to the become the more like the Bucs team they were expected to be.
Also, I don't think Alex Smith is a garbage QB. He's had a solid NFL career by most standards and has a lot of quality wins. He's not a world beater but he's better than a garbage QB.

Agree with most everything you say here but not Tampa Bay being a garbage team(at that time) nor Alex Smith being a garbage QB. Tampa came out smoking the first 2 games with Fitzpatrick having career days early. They have since regressed to the become the more like the Bucs team they were expected to be.
Also, I don't think Alex Smith is a garbage QB. He's had a solid NFL career by most standards and has a lot of quality wins. He's not a world beater but he's better than a garbage QB.

Honestly I think Alex Smith is about equal to Joe Flacco.

Shawne Merriman on Sportscenter showing some "hate" on Drew: he not only picks the Ravens to win, but says that the Ravens D will force Drew into his first INT of the year!

sheesh

I expect Brees to get his first pick of the year as well. It’s pretty remarkable that he’s made it this long without one.

Baltimore is returning home after a huge win on the road where the defense had 11 sacks.
Drew and Sean have never beaten the Ravens.
Drew can get 500 TDs in this game.
rSaints can serve notice to the league that the Saints are for real if they go on the road and win this game.

If the Saints do not win on Sunday, it looks like Drew will have to come back and play for another few seasons to get another shot at the Ravens. Otherwise, quoth the Ravens, nevermore!
Unless we beat them in the SB!!! Or is that record regular season only?!?!

I think the only way Drew gets his first pick is from a batted ball from one of the big guys rushing him.
Otherwise they play a lot of zone. Drew, MT and Kamara are masters at finding soft spots in zone coverage.

This is absolutly a statement game. We torched that "top rated" skins defence and got no credit. Time to serve notice by knocking off the number 1 defence in the league today! That will be the statement and its one we NEED to make!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom