This team is on another level (1 Viewer)

Yeah, yeah, its 2 games but Ive been watching the saints for a while and I cant ever remember feeling this positive after 2 games.

Remember how it felt when Gleason blocked that punt on Monday night back in '06?

I got the same feeling when Jenkins stripped the ball on the opening kick-off in the second half.

I've been a Saints fan way too long, and try to practice "cautious optimism" ... but Ithink I'll go to bed tonight with dreams of a SuperBowl dancing in my head.

OK, back to Earth now ..............

I am glad the guys showed they really have "it" against a good team. We knew we have something special with these Saints, now others know it, too....

Drew had an off day and these were his numbers;

25 for 34, 311 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT.

The guy is amazing. I agree that this team has a certain "feel" that I've never felt.

Yeah i think most Saints fans have this feeling, it is the feeling of having a truly elite team, in 06 we had a pretty good team, but they just didn't have this same feeling of dominance when they play other teams, it feels almost as if other teams are trying to play UP to our level instead of us trying to play to their's

Drew had an off day and these were his numbers;

25 for 34, 311 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT.

The guy is amazing. I agree that this team has a certain "feel" that I've never felt.

Brees did NOT have an off-day. He was playing against a very good defense, and he put up the numbers above, plus a QB rating of 118.6, a completion % of 73.5%, and 9.14 yards per attempt. This is not an off day for anybody, so your comment puzzles me. :idunno:

Brees did NOT have an off-day. He was playing against a very good defense, and he put up the numbers above, plus a QB rating of 118.6, a completion % of 73.5%, and 9.14 yards per attempt. This is not an off day for anybody, so your comment puzzles me. :idunno:

Anything short of amazingly breath taking is an off day for breesus lol j/k

Brees had a more great game against a top notch D so i think that saying brees had an off day is a bit off

I have been a Saints fan for almost 30 years. I am optimistic every year, no matter what our personnel looks like. But I have never actually felt like we would win the Super Bowl. This team looks like a better version of the 49ers during their dynasty years.

Feels good, man.

Agree and when you see Steve Young praising them like he did tonight, it even makes it more legit.

The Saints have truly reached that elite level....been waiting a long time for this!

Agree and when you see Steve Young praising them like he did tonight, it even makes it more legit.

It was funny when Steve said we are the team to beat in the NFC, and one of the other guys said" Vikings", and Steve says "In here? In here they have no chance. No Chance."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom