Thoughts for tomorrow…. (1 Viewer)

I wonder if we try to trade down to 50-52 and grab an extra pick. I feel like we need to take DT day 2. However, I do love Coleman.
A trade down for an extra pick would be great but I would like for the Saints to draft a OG.

My choices would be Cooper Beebe K-State or Sataoa Laumea Utah.

Use one of those 5ths and 6ths plus #45 to trade up in the 2nd round for Coleman.
We already need to add a corner as it is, even with Lattimore around. Recency bias is real. Corners are hard to find. They don't grow on trees. It took us almost 60 years to figure out that position group.

We already need to add a corner as it is, even with Lattimore around. Recency bias is real. Corners are hard to find. They don't grow on trees. It took us almost 60 years to figure out that position group.
We need a slot corner.
This is who I like and we can get him later in the draft!

1714137615989.png

Today's Big Board....

WR KEON COLEMAN
TE JA'TAVION SANDERS
CB COOPER DEJEAN
WR MALACHI CORLEY
DI JER'ZHAN NEWTON
T PATRICK PAUL
T KINGSLEY SUAMATAIA
WR JERMAINE BURTON
ED BRALEN TRICE
T ROGER ROSENGARTEN
LB PAYTON WILSON
C JACKSON POWERS-JOHNSON
WR ROMAN WILSON
S JAVON BULLARD

Last edited:
I’d be down w drafting DeJean too instead of Coleman. He could be a great slot CB or Safety until there’s room for him to move outside after Latt and or Adebo move on.

There’s no way I see Loomis and Co. hanging on to so many 5ths and 6ths with so much talent still available at the top of the 2nd at positions of need.

Today's Big Board....

WR KEON COLEMAN
TE JA'TAVION SANDERS
CB COOPER DEJEAN
WR MALACHI CORLEY
DI JER'ZHAN NEWTON
T PATRICK PAUL
T KINGSLEY SUAMATAIA
WR JERMAINE BURTON
ED BRALEN TRICE
T ROGER ROSENGARTEN
LB PAYTON WILSON
C JACKSON POWERS-JOHNSON
WR ROMAN WILSON
S JAVON BULLARD
Payton Wilson is a Pete Werner clone--not bad to have 2 of these on the team--can cover TEs

I would see if the Bills are stupid enough to trade us that 33rd pick for a 2025 3rd rd pick🤣. Have to catch them while they still may be drunk

I have a hard time believing we stay out of the 3rd or 4th round.
I expect some wheeling and dealing to get in to those rounds
I can see a 2025 pick used and some of the late picks in 2024 to secure at least one slot in the top 100. It's gonna happen
We will move up guaranteed

Wants vs Needs. I WANT to trade down and pick up additional picks...some 3rds and/or 4ths. But I feel we NEED an edge rusher....it's almost as imperative as OT was. We've got an aging ironman who's still a starter, but not what he used to be; a mercenary who is on his 3rd team in 3 seasons; a former 1st rounder who constantly re-injures himself simply by walking to the field; and a 2nd rounder who hasn't seen much playing time, despite the paper thin depth in front of him. We NEED more options at edge. If we can't find the right value at our pick, at least take a pocket-pusher DT to pair with Bresee and put speedy LBs on the outside, where all the runs are going to get funneled to.

But with that said, why not BOTH? If we traded down and received extra picks to do so, we could do that....

Wants vs Needs. I WANT to trade down and pick up additional picks...some 3rds and/or 4ths. But I feel we NEED an edge rusher....it's almost as imperative as OT was. We've got an aging ironman who's still a starter, but not what he used to be; a mercenary who is on his 3rd team in 3 seasons; a former 1st rounder who constantly re-injures himself simply by walking to the field; and a 2nd rounder who hasn't seen much playing time, despite the paper thin depth in front of him. We NEED more options at edge. If we can't find the right value at our pick, at least take a pocket-pusher DT to pair with Bresee and put speedy LBs on the outside, where all the runs are going to get funneled to.

But with that said, why not BOTH? If we traded down and received extra picks to do so, we could do that....
Thats the hard part with DE, we just have a bunch of question marks there. Add a high pick and you essentially have to cut one of these guys ? I completely forgot about Foskey, you can't really even count on Turner. I'd like to see another WR or TE that can help us run the ball.

Thats the hard part with DE, we just have a bunch of question marks there. Add a high pick and you essentially have to cut one of these guys ? I completely forgot about Foskey, you can't really even count on Turner. I'd like to see another WR or TE that can help us run the ball.
I agree we need each. But when I try to prioritize the order, I see EDGE as a bigger hole. Between WR and TE, I'd prefer a TE who can block AND catch. Then maybe some more OL for depth, or for a surprise talent to push starters. THEN some WRs... But that's JMO...

These are the rounds where Lattimore might have a market ...
Yea let’s get rid of the best player on the team, why would we want that guy. Let’s trade him for a second round pick that might see the field in 2 years. Name a better player than Lattimore on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom