Titanic submersible es morte (4 Viewers)

Is this the way the world solves the problem of too many billionaires?

Someone go tell Elon it’s impossible and he can’t do it.
Just tell him you'll subscribe to X if he goes down there in his own sub. Either he succeeds and we get some good footage, or he fails spectacularly. Win/win.

Whenever I'm having a bad day, I think to myself, "At least I didn't pay $250K to get imploded 2 miles under the ocean surface."

Man, I love 60 Minutes Australia

A very powerful story that explains how the dreams of some can turn into a nightmare (for many).

When desires to push boundaries involve 'life & death' risks, it's sobering how many people perish before someone learns how to do it correctly and safely. Example: In the race to advance aircraft design in the early days of aviation, it often took a dead test pilot to learn what was wrong with the design. Thankfully with modern computer aided design and simulations, potentially dangerous characteristics of a new experimental concept can be known even before construction of a prototype begins.

It seems that many knew this OceanGate submersible was operating at the very limit of its design capability. Exceeding that limit seemed almost inevitable according to Cameron. And you can tell that he's still angry about the results of OceanGate's 'miscalculations'.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom