Match Up Titans postgame presser: Derrick Henry “Saints were the better team” (1 Viewer)

I got goosebumps during the post game lockeroom speach.

A. Dennis Allen said "I told you guys earlier in the week that I didn't "think" we'd win, that we were going to win this game".

B. Demario Davis followed that up by saying "everyone in here knows that game didn't have to be that close as it was"

This team knows how good it is and how good it expects to be. Very confident bunch.

Shocked at Vrabel's game plan. Surprising to have Henry only have 15 carries.
I contend that the 1st few weeks of the season are effectively extended pre-season games. Teams are still figuring things out. It's very obvious they wanted to feature Tajae Spears in this game, and it just didn't work out. Which is funny because all we heard about during pre-season was how the Saints missed out on Tajae after his highlight reel plays during presesasonand he did absolutely NOTHING against us. Not a single juke spin, exciting run or anything.

If you look at his opening game carries in the last 5 years, there was only 1 year where he got monster number of carries right out of the gates and he got injured the following year.

They weren't going to run him into the ground right out of the gates especially since he's getting older. He's been averaging 17 carries in opening games since 2018 outside of the 2020 season where he got 31 against Denver. That tells you that it's an outlier for him to carry the load that early on in the season.

They'll be selective with when they want him to carry the load and I can see why they really didn't want to give him a heavy load against a team outside of their conference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom