Top Seed and Bye Week Challenge.. (1 Viewer)

You were right that I am hoping for a 14-2 season. And we won't need any help with that record unless we are tied with GB.

Saints would lose the tiebreaker to 14-2 Green Bay (head to head loss) but beat 14-2 Seattle (better NFC record). Right now, those two teams are the teams competition for the #1 Seed,,

GO Saints!!
I think that the Saint's would get the #1 seed, due to Conference record, before the head to head game.

I think i saw a post the other day that if N.O and G.B were both 14-2 then N.O gets bye due to better conference record. G.Bs 2 losses occurred in NFC, while Saints have only one NFC loss. Also in that scenario since all three teams didnt face each other only conference record used. But its highly unlikely all three teams finish 14-2.
The Saints lose any head to head with Green Bay in any two way tie situation. The key is how many teams are tied. In a 3 way tie the head to head is eliminated since none of the three teams either beat the other two, winning the head to head, or lost to the other two, losing the head to head.

So in the 3 way tie situation, like it is now, the conference record comes into play. The Saints currently have the best conference record at 5-1. But that's only because the Saints have played 2 AFC games (losing one) while Seattle has played 3 AFC games (currently also only losing 1). By the end of the season each team will have played 12 conference game. So, if the Saints and Seattle and Green Bay lose the same number of conference games and end up tied, the tiebreaker then moves on past the conference record.

SFIAH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom