Toronto police investigating shooting, possible relation to Drake/Kendrick Lamar feud (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In the midst of a diss-track beef that began in late March and has now seen Drake and Kendrick Lamar exchange jabs on nine tracks, a security guard is in serious condition after being the victim of a drive-by shooting in the vicinity of Drake's mansion in the Bridle Path area of Toronto. Drake was not there at the time.

As of now, there is no known connection but police are investigating. Lamar's most recent track, released on May 4 (!) has an aerial photograph of Drake's home as the cover art.

Toronto police have said a security guard was shot overnight outside the home of Canadian rapper Drake.

It comes amid his escalating war of words with US rap rival Kendrick Lamar.

Police said suspects in a vehicle shot the guard at the corner of the Park Lane Circle mansion around 02:00 EDT (06:00 GMT) on Tuesday before fleeing the scene.
It remains unclear if Drake was at home when the incident occurred or whether he was a target of the shooting.

"We are in contact with his team and they are cooperating," Inspector Paul Krawczyk of the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force told reporters on Tuesday morning.
It is too early in the investigation to speak about a motive, he added. He said police are currently assessing video that captures the shooting but is not releasing information about it due to video quality issues.

The victim is in hospital and is in serious condition, police said. Witnesses told Canadian media he had sustained several gunshot wounds, including one to the chest.

The lyrical beef between Drake and Lamar has grown bitterly personal, with a flurry of "diss tracks" exchanged between two of hip-hop's biggest stars over the weekend. The Canadian's house, in the ritzy Bridle Path neighbourhood of Toronto, is the subject of cover art for Lamar's song Not Like Us.

Can we just get a pool full of liquor and dive in it? swim for about 20 min and then hash this out? dang...

Can i just add that i love Metro Boomin/Future track Like That

because it samples one of the most memorable tracks that i recall in high school - Everlasting Bass by Rodney O and Joe Cooley

I had no clue Lamar was talking about Drake in his lyrical part. lol.

This is what happens when your feud escalates from "I'm the best rapper" to "I'm going to directly address every member of your family to tell them how garbage of a human being are, volunteer to show your son how to be a real man, oh and also you're a pedophile who harbors other pedophiles and I hope you get murdered in prison."

Meet the Grahams was a wild journey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom