Trading away next year's first? (1 Viewer)

Trading away future first round picks is almost universally a bad idea. We're going to be real, real, real ****** if Brees gets hurt in week 3 and that pick turns out to be the #5 overall.

This is an excellent point and sadly a very real possibility......I can't see this team winning many games without Brees. I like the Brunell signing but this team would be in serious trouble if he had to play more than a couple of games. Without Brees even if the team were playing great they'd still be a <8 win team. So trading away possibly high #1 pick could be a disaster.......

I would love to see us go after Asomugha but not at the cost of a 1st. If we managed to get him along with Rivers or Ellis or Dorsey, we'd be cookin with gas. I just don't think we'll go after him due to the cost. Personally, I think he's worth going after I just don't see us coming up with enough to do it.

I don't see why people have trouble with us trading a first for him (assuming the trade is contingent on him signing a long term deal with us). Multiple picks I can see but not for one.

What do you want with that #10 pick? If you said, 'a young talent that will be top at their position and with us for a long time,' than you just described what Asomugha would be if we traded our first for him. It won't hurt us later because he is young. You could say that he will be considerably more money than a rook but, we have the money. Don't let others tell you we don't. We do, and the CAP will only increase in the near future. The money is worth considerably smaller risk in Aso than in DRC or Leodis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom