Trading for extra picks option (1 Viewer)

Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina is who they said... and I really hope they’re wrong

This would be the most Saints thing ever. We've spent so much time talking about WR prospects and debating Queen vs Murray and then boom, they trade up for a D lineman out of nowhere.

The Saints have shown time and time again that they value the D Line and they if they feel good about a guy then they're going up to get him.

I actually think trading down is very smart in this draft for 2 reasons:
There's drop off after the top 15 but not a significant drop off until 75-80.
We don't need someone to come in and start.
We need a back up CB, LB and IOL. So filling these 3 positions with 2nd and 3rd round picks makes a lot of sense considering you'll probably have until week6, hoping, before they are playing a significant amount of snaps.
But I don't think we will.
I see us trading back up into the 2nd before we would trade down into the 2nd.

It’s all about BPA, a trade down is absolutely possible, just unlikely. We will most likely stay put or trade up

Agree.

A lot more teams want to move back than up this year. So the value is likely in going up to get “our guy.”

You could see scenarios where it makes sense, too. There are a number of positions of need where there’s a pretty big dropoff around where we pick. Instead of just sitting there and hoping, make a jump and be sure since the cost will likely be low.

Not sure if the re-work of 5th year option pay-scale went through or not, but if it did, then it's not much of a big deal anymore. Basically becomes big payday similar to the franchise tag. To me it means that two 2nd round picks are more valuable than a late first rounder.

The first 15 picks in round one always seem to take the blue-chips off the board. The talent level from #16 to the end of the second round always seems pretty even. So I'm always for trading down if you can get two second rounders.

My point is trading down for a second to still get our backup whatever plus another 1 next year allows us to move both 1s if needed to get our QB next year. Not saying we have to draft a QB either. Use both to trade next offseason with Houston for Deshaun Watson while he is on his 5 year option. We are drafting a backup more than likely this year. Unless it’s LB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom