Trans athletes make great gains, yet resentment still flares (23 Viewers)

It's disheartening that these accusations were levied out there, from gigantic platforms like Rowling who amplify disinformation, down to posters on a message board who by their tenor and posture further the disinformation, and yet none of them have the balls, or cajones perhaps, to use their voice to say my bad, I mistook this situation, was ill-informed, I support this woman in her endeavor to be a medalist.

No, just throw it out there irresponsibly, and then walk away from the scene with all kind of deflection and double speak. This was put out there in the name of protecting women but none of them gave a sheet about protecting THIS woman by doing the minimal amount of research and fact checking. She lives in a country where being trans is illegal. Does that sound like a place where innuendo, accusations and rhetoric on a worldwide stage, even if untrue and irresponsible, could put in peril someone's living situation? Their family's?

And I take back what I said earlier. It's not disheartening, it seems rather disgusting.
not only that, but because of the county she lives in, this kind of LIE (I am not gonna call it misinformation) could possibly get her killed when she returns home. the people who are spreading these lies are terrible humans, and do so for the sake of hate..
most of them don't care about protecting women, they are more about hating the LGBTQ community.

not only that, but because of the county she lives in, this kind of LIE (I am not gonna call it misinformation) could possibly get her killed when she returns home. the people who are spreading these lies are terrible humans, and do so for the sake of hate..
most of them don't care about protecting women, they are more about hating the LGBTQ community.
I’m not sure they even really hate. They just attach themselves to every trending hashtag, say something outrageous and move on. There is no such thing as bad pub and algos amplify it. It’s attebtion seeking in its lowest form.

(Still trying to keep Olympics thread ‘clean’)

I wonder why objectification- which is ubiquitous- isn’t fought as hard as the gender stuff which is infinitesimally smaller in frequency

I wonder why objectification- which is ubiquitous- isn’t fought as hard as the gender stuff which is infinitesimally smaller in frequency

If they want to dress that way to play a volleyball game, I ain't complaining, lol.

I don't know why people make a stink about how these athletes dress.

Two observations:
1. The Muslims are dressed like that to please Allah.
2. Emma Hilton has not been to a European beach. Those Spaniards are overdressed for Costa del Sol.

This is as much manufactured outrage as with the Algerian boxer.

The "gender stuff" is not really about gender... it's about allowing some people to chemically modify their bodies to be able to complete and not others, and physical differences between the members of the species, regardless of whatever they think they are.

Last edited:

It is extremely pedantic, but based on physics, they have a point, in that a bigger hand will allow you to push more water and go faster.

Personally, I seriously doubt the extra 2mm of nails will make a significant difference.

Boxer Imane Khelif has shown off a new look after her performance at the Paris 2024 Olympics became met with an online row over her gender.

In a joint video shared on Instagram by Beauty Code and Khelif, the Olympian could be seen standing front and center, wearing a blue shirt and her red boxing gloves. The video then switched to a shot of Khelif in a different look, as she wore a white button-down floral shirt and hoop earrings, which had pink flowers attached to them.

She also wore pink eyeshadow and matching lipstick, as well as a silver necklace. Khelif completed her look with her gold medal, which she won in the women’s welterweight tournament in Paris on August 9. The video ended with the Algerian athlete smiling at the camera with her flowing curled hair.

In the caption, which has been translated from Arabic to English, Beauty Code noted that while Khelif was “changing her appearance” in the video, the boxer was not defined by her looks. She also “did not seek to change her form to fit the molds that the world wants to confine us to.”

“Her message is much deeper: clothes do not make a monk, and appearance does not reveal the essence of a person,” the caption read. “She can be feminine and elegant when she wants, but on the ring, she does not need makeup or high heels. She only needs strategy, strength, and to throw blows, which is where the essence of her personality lies.”..........

Boxer Imane Khelif has shown off a new look after her performance at the Paris 2024 Olympics became met with an online row over her gender.

In a joint video shared on Instagram by Beauty Code and Khelif, the Olympian could be seen standing front and center, wearing a blue shirt and her red boxing gloves. The video then switched to a shot of Khelif in a different look, as she wore a white button-down floral shirt and hoop earrings, which had pink flowers attached to them.

She also wore pink eyeshadow and matching lipstick, as well as a silver necklace. Khelif completed her look with her gold medal, which she won in the women’s welterweight tournament in Paris on August 9. The video ended with the Algerian athlete smiling at the camera with her flowing curled hair.

In the caption, which has been translated from Arabic to English, Beauty Code noted that while Khelif was “changing her appearance” in the video, the boxer was not defined by her looks. She also “did not seek to change her form to fit the molds that the world wants to confine us to.”

“Her message is much deeper: clothes do not make a monk, and appearance does not reveal the essence of a person,” the caption read. “She can be feminine and elegant when she wants, but on the ring, she does not need makeup or high heels. She only needs strategy, strength, and to throw blows, which is where the essence of her personality lies.”..........

Get that 💰 while you can
But I’m not sure that message is saying what it says
‘To prove that appearance doesn’t matter, imma glam up pretty’

might as well give her glasses and a ponytail in the first shot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom