Triplett's draft preview (1 Viewer)

There was no mention of Vilma at all before I commented. The entire section regarding the need for a middle linebacker was removed as well. No mention of Dan Morgan being signed to address that need.

Last edited:
This was a horrible article, and the Vilma omission is the least of it. Triplett says Ali Highsmith is an option in the first round. You have to be kidding me. Highsmith is more like a 3rd or 4th round projection.

He says Bryant and Balmer are first round options. Not at number 10 they are not. Balmer may be a second round pick option for the Saints, but not in the first.

Others have mentioned that Triplett simply whiffed on several top CB prospects. Most people think the Saints's top CB option at #10 is Leodis McKelvin. Not a word about him in the article.

Dumbest of all is the suggestion that the Saints would pick Kenny Phillips at 10. Phillips is a late first round projection. This will not happen.

I wish I got paid to write garbage like that.

He didn't even mention Highsmith and Kenny Phillips in the first edition. Looks like he re-wrote the entire thing. I wish I had copy and pasted it on my blog.

Wow. He completely deleted his entire No. 2 area of need, which before the edit was MLB.

And I agree with mccombmike--I love Highsmith and have seen him as high as the late first round, but haven't seen him going at No. 10 on any draft anywhere.

I'm keeping my mouth shut in Highsmith until he exonerates himself at his Pro Day...

He didn't even mention Highsmith and Kenny Phillips in the first edition. Looks like he re-wrote the entire thing. I wish I had copy and pasted it on my blog.

I think Highsmith was mentioned before the re-write because I remember thinking that was a stretch, but the Vilma overlook was much bigger. And yeah, woulda been nice to have the first version, especially since a national article was changed because of a Saints Report poster. Good job MLU and the others who commented and pointed out that he left out Vilma.

Not lately you haven't.

If Ali goes late 2nd round, I will be shocked at this point. He's droppings like a rock and needs to have a GREAT ProDay.

This mock was late February and after the combine, and it had Highsmith going to the Giants at the end of the first round. I saw another in the last week that had him around 23. Still, your right in that he didn't help himself at the combine.

DRAFT 2008 PROJECTION: Post-Combine Pressbox Confessions - FOX Sports Blogs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom