*** Tropical Alert *** - TD GUSTAV 35mph winds South of Shreveport (1 Viewer)

"ouch" is having this thread unstickied when 1/3 of the State is still under the gun from this thing. Dammit, people are losing their houses and property even as I type, but of course, if it's happening north of Bunkie it's meaningless, huh?

Yes, I'm venting.

Y'all have my prayers. I lived in Monroe for many years & have been in several floods. I doubt anybody outside the area knows that geologically Monroe is in a bowl just like New Orleans. It's just not below sea level. My late dad said in the early 70's that no good would come of draining the swamps to build houses. He knew what he was talking about.

Take care. Anybody know how Morehouse Parish is doing?

Jan

On the phone with RebSaint right now...Alexandria is flooding and water is rising fast at his apartment...he has no power/internet but he's alive and kicking.

glad to hear he is OK, I talked to several people yesterday and was told Alexandria has 95% electrcity loss.

It will be a while before this are fixed in aLexandria.,

"ouch" is having this thread unstickied when 1/3 of the State is still under the gun from this thing. Dammit, people are losing their houses and property even as I type, but of course, if it's happening north of Bunkie it's meaningless, huh?

Yes, I'm venting.

Werd

Y'all have my prayers. I lived in Monroe for many years & have been in several floods. I doubt anybody outside the area knows that geologically Monroe is in a bowl just like New Orleans. It's just not below sea level. My late dad said in the early 70's that no good would come of draining the swamps to build houses. He knew what he was talking about.

Take care. Anybody know how Morehouse Parish is doing?

Jan

Morehouse Parish Police Jury was distributing sand bags last night. I do not know how they are this morning.

back in metry.....got power, cable and internet....having to post from my ps3.....laptop is having issues....hope everyone is ok....

Yes, I'm venting.
Vent away. But really, dropping the sticky on tropical alert threads once they drop to TD status...especially when the NHC stops their coverage...has been the same for the whole time I've been doing these. I did the same thing with Fay even while tornadoes were slamming down around me and we were flooding where I live in NE Alabama. This has absolutely nothing to do with it happening "north of Bunkie" or anything else of that nature. Hell, I don't even live in SELA so no conspiracy here.

Vent away. But really, dropping the sticky on tropical alert threads once they drop to TD status...especially when the NHC stops their coverage...has been the same for the whole time I've been doing these. I did the same thing with Fay even while tornadoes were slamming down around me and we were flooding where I live in NE Alabama. This has absolutely nothing to do with it happening "north of Bunkie" or anything else of that nature. Hell, I don't even live in SELA so no conspiracy here.

Thanks...I'm sure you understand that sarcastic humor is a large part of venting...otherwise I'd ***** at the sky...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom