Two Words!!! ZACH STREIF!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Nothing like having some good depth for when you need it. :9:

He did a GREAT job! As did the whole O-line. We are so fortunate to have him. :)

Strief played a good game against a good defense. I thought he matched up well with the rushers he would face, but nonetheless I thought the pass protection was really good this game, better then against Buffalo.

Was a little disappointed that we got beat so often on 3rd/4th and short, but again, good defense playing at a high level. And very well coached.

Honestly the offense looked better then they did against Buffalo last week (through the first 3 quarters). It just never got untracked. A 10 yard penalty to kill the down and distance, a failed 3rd/4th down conversion on short yardage, a fumble. Those are and were drive killers that disrupted the rhythm and didn't give us nearly the number of offensive snap we are used to in the first half in particular.

Little things that could, should, and I believe will be cleaned up in the bye week.

Best 3rd string LT in the NFL!

Yep, another unheralded hero. We didn't hear his name called once today or did he give a sack. Brees had time to throw but great coverage by the Jets limited his effectiveness. Streif deserves credit for a solid effort against a very good Defense.......

Little things that could, should, and I believe will be cleaned up in the bye week.

No doubt there will be about two whole practice days devoted to getting one yard when absolutely needed.
It'll be time well spent.

All I know is whoever does the scouting for the Saints to get all these great players needs a huge raise. Its like the Saints just keep pulling out quality players from a never ending hat.

Best 3rd string LT in the NFL!

Just to clear this up - Streif is the 2nd string LT. He was nicked (ankle injury I think) coming out of TC so the 3rd stringer (Bushrod) was forced to play. But I agree - quality depth is good.

Great in pass protection although we seemed very ineffective running to the left side.

Just to clear this up - Streif is the 2nd string LT. He was nicked (ankle injury I think) coming out of TC so the 3rd stringer (Bushrod) was forced to play. But I agree - quality depth is good.

...and then after Bushrod played, Streif became 3rd string.

Streif did great today, but you think his 6'7 size is one of the reasons drew is having problems down field?

No doubt there will be about two whole practice days devoted to getting one yard when absolutely needed.
It'll be time well spent.

I was thinking more along the lines of penalties and ball security. "Getting the one yard", to be honest, the Jets were just really good in those situations. Not just stopping the run, but stopping the run without selling out the playaction fake (which we also failed on).

Streif did great today, but you think his 6'7 size is one of the reasons drew is having problems down field?

No. By the time Drew sets up to pass Strief and the man he is blocking are behind Brees, as designed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom