UDFAs WR Tipton, TE Holker, & CB Payton all made the 53 man roster (3 Viewers)

Imagine just for a moment how GREAT Tipton must have been if he secured a 53 man ROSTER spot while missing half of camp and ZERO preseason snaps.

As an unknown UDFA too. Sheeeeesh

Watch out Rasheed. Tipton is serious.

Really excited to see Olave, Shaheed, and Tipton on the field together. 4.2 to 4.3 speed across the board.

Really excited to see Olave, Shaheed, and Tipton on the field together. 4.2 to 4.3 speed across the board.
IKR!!!

The best part is that they all can just run 10-15 yd routes! DBs are gonna be “bailing” just to try to keep em from goin deep! 😂😂😂

Holker didn't suit up for the last game, so that was an indication. Rico earned it in that last game.

This makes our rookie class look really good so far!

Fuaga and McKinstry are first rounders.

Rattler is making his case as a potential steal.

Means should see the field this year.

And these three guys have potential!

With the bloated salaries at the top of the roster, you have to really hit on the later rounds of the draft and with the UDFA players. It's the only way to field a competitive team. The WR salaries have gotten out of hand. We'll see how it plays out. But I think the 49ers are getting it right with Aiyuk. He's good. He's not 35 million good.

The question becomes - who gets cut if someone the Saints want comes available with the cuts other teams made.

Hard Knocks has taught me that the lower end of the roster guys can never feel like they made it until they are suited up for a game.

Means, Vickers, and Mims all seem like players that fit that consideration, at this early stage.

I don’t think Means stood out enough to have a high risk of being poached trying to get him to the practice squad, nor does he seem to have a special enough skill set among the WR group to protect him vs other players. (He was at LaTech for a time so I was glad to see him make the team and I’m pulling for him.)

Vickers seems like lagniappe at DT depth.

I like Mims’ progression and versatility, but if Miller gets it turned around, he might be gone soon, anyway, depending on health and production of the position group. Big IF with regards to Miller, though.

For comparison's sake, would love to know the average number (this season only) of UDFA's that made the 53-man roster across the entire league.

For comparison's sake, would love to know the average number (this season only) of UDFA's that made the 53-man roster across the entire league.

I’d love to know if there has EVER been an undrafted free agent make his respective original team’s opening day roster without playing in a single preseason game.

I’d love to know if there has EVER been an undrafted free agent make his respective original team’s opening day roster without playing in a single preseason game.
Probably so, showing big talent in camp and getting injured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom