UEFA Champions League (2 Viewers)

can't believe i'm saying this but i'm starting to appreciate Grealish's play

I thought he was excellent - at times really singularly drove the City attack. To the point that I even thought it was a mistake to sub him out at 70' but the goal came right after from that same spot, so perhaps it was a weakness City identified to attack - or he had just done such a good job softening up the right side of the RM defense that it was ripe for the picking.

Just finished watching both games - with quite a bit of fast forward.

After 10 goals yesterday, I’m glad I went to go the pub yesterday instead. Arsenal and Bayern was pretty much a snoozer, maybe I missed the intricacies.

I thought City was quite a bit better on the run of things - had so many more chances, but just couldn’t convert. That big miss from KDB right after he scored the equalizer in the second half was probably the one they’ll think about more than anything.

And hats off of Luka Modric going the full distance and extra time at 38 and a half years old. What a career he’s had

Believe Modric was a second half sub, but I agree that he's had an amazing career. Didn't take a great penalty though. :(

is this right? Villa only EPL left alive in Europe?
that's crazy
EPL already lost a spot next year - fluke or trend?
I think it kinda mimics schedule for the teams.

We are at tail end of EPL season which is a tight one - for reference Arsenal played April 3, 6, 9 ( CL leg 1 ) , 14 and 17 ( leg 2 )

Bayern played Mar 30, 6, 9 ( leg 1 ), 13 and 17 ( leg 2 ) having already conceded Bundesliga

Arsenal locked in 3 way battle for EPL.

MC same thing. March 31 til yesterday- MC played in 6 matches. Real Madrid, in same time frame, played in 4.

Yet teams like Arsenal and City, locked in battle for league title dont have the luxury of dropping points in domestic league while still trying to be competitive in CL.

Real Madrid 8 pts clear of 2nd place in La Liga. So they can afford to rest some starters in domestic ( mid CL ) matches whereas City cant.

I just think its a matter of where a team is in their respective league that lends to issues late in CL play ( Q, Semis )

I think it kinda mimics schedule for the teams.

We are at tail end of EPL season which is a tight one - for reference Arsenal played April 3, 6, 9 ( CL leg 1 ) , 14 and 17 ( leg 2 )

Bayern played Mar 30, 6, 9 ( leg 1 ), 13 and 17 ( leg 2 ) having already conceded Bundesliga

Arsenal locked in 3 way battle for EPL.

MC same thing. March 31 til yesterday- MC played in 6 matches. Real Madrid, in same time frame, played in 4.

Yet teams like Arsenal and City, locked in battle for league title dont have the luxury of dropping points in domestic league while still trying to be competitive in CL.

Real Madrid 8 pts clear of 2nd place in La Liga. So they can afford to rest some starters in domestic ( mid CL ) matches whereas City cant.

I just think its a matter of where a team is in their respective league that lends to issues late in CL play ( Q, Semis )
And now they don’t have to worry about that😶

Believe Modric was a second half sub, but I agree that he's had an amazing career. Didn't take a great penalty though. :(

Yeah that sounds right - I didn't notice him until the second half and just presumed he started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom