UK police: Deceased TV and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused "hundreds" (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mostly children. Pretty awful.

London (CNN) -- Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, police said Friday, as they unveiled a report exposing "vast, predatory and opportunistic" abuses across six decades.

Nearly three-quarters of his victims were children, the report said, with the youngest only 8 years old. Most but not all were female.

Since the inquiry was launched three months ago, about 600 people have come forward to provide information, 450 relating to Savile, London's Metropolitan Police said.
From this, 214 crimes have been recorded, including 34 of rape or penetration, across the country.

The earliest claim against Savile, who was still a household name when he died in 2011, dates from 1955 and the latest from 2009, when he was in his 80s.

Savile used his celebrity to "hide in plain sight" as he opportunistically preyed on the children and young people with whom he came into contact as he presented BBC children's show "Jim'll Fix It" and music show "Top of the Pops," the report said.

Police: TV host Jimmy Savile exploited fame to abuse children on vast scale - CNN.com

-+a+Jimmy+Savile.jpg

_63703630_savilebbc.jpg

The sad thing is that there were numerous reports over the years and several investigations and yet no one ever stepped up. The young women who claimed abuse were deemed "unreliable"

The sad thing is that there were numerous reports over the years and several investigations and yet no one ever stepped up. The young women who claimed abuse were deemed "unreliable"

Yeah, I can believe that. I'm sure some of the parents didn't believe the children either at the time.

These stories make you want to believe in Hell.

I would have rathered this come out when he was alive toexplain himself and face the music.

Why does this stuff always come out wayyyyyyy too late......?

Hell, the freak has been dead almost 2 years.....and we all know where he is right about now....

Fifty allegations against Savile relate to hospital premises, including hospices, the report said.

Can someone explain to me how that guy's brain could have justified cruising hospitals and hospices?

It's been quite the common rumor for years that he was at it.

It's funny how a few months after his death the investigations really stepped up.

Regardless the guy was a complete and utter creature of the night!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom