Speculation (Unconfirmed) Michael Thomas expected to be designated a post June 1st release. (1 Viewer)

Mi
His body is breaking down. He is on the wrong side of 30. It would surprise me if he suddenly becomes a picture of health. He will likely have to play for low base and incentives.
More dead money

If this is in fact true, thank you MT for the great memories and some truly elite seasons at the WR position. We’ll never forget you putting it all on the line in Brees’ final season. Unfortunate that he became a locker room problem and it had to end on a sour note, but all the best in whatever comes next for him.

I think frustration and injuries are a great excuse and wish him all the best.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to be on course to be beat every record ever - Moss - Rice .... and then for it to disappear into injuries and Carr's first year.

MT is the greatest receiver the Saints have ever had. Hope he's got plenty of money stashed cause after last year, its' pretty clear he left it all on the field.

That said, a 1200 yard season somewhere else next hyear would make me smile.

That man deserves a statue outside the dome

I believe I’ve entered the realm where my BFF @Merl hits me with the negative emojis just on principle. Keep em coming friend

1708974905997.gif
The cool thing about him is he wouldn’t want one.

He just did his job never got a pro bowl or an all pro team. Never complained.

what sucks in my mind is when we release players like this they get a major chip and come back with a vengence for another team...yes i know he is injury prone but under different management he may be able to stay healthy...we just seem to always have lots of players on IR very early in the season and it bites us in the butt all season
Come back with a vengeance? Like who? Other than Hendrickson, who actually turned into a different player with a new team?

Players change teams all the time. Some do better, some are the same and some wash out of the league.

As for injuries, the Saints, while it feels like we get a lot of injuries seemingly every season, the stats really aren't out of the norm compared to other teams. The MT case was definitely not a typical thing.

Just wish Sean would have knelt on that ball on the play MT got hurt. No reason to call a play there.
I feel you. I'm a huge proponent of taking out starters (or at least your superstars who can't be replaced) when the game is in hand. What do you stand to gain? Get some reps in but they're garbage time reps. Nobody is giving maximum effort out there. Get some cheap stats. Score some cheap points. None of that outweighs the cost of losing a superstar.

Only a fool would think they know better than SP but I'm that fool I guess. I thought he left Drew and others in games long after the outcome was determined. It proved costly.

Thanks for the memories itchy fingers.
Exactly, what would our opinions be if it weren’t for cryptic texts? I still am holding out hope that the texts arent as bad as they seemed to the Saints team, and that they understand that it’s “Mt being MT, he’ll be fine when he’s back healthy”.

Mike was great before the injuries. Then, he turned into a drama queen. He has spent more time on Twitter being a drama queen than he has on the football field while getting paid by the Saints. Thanks for the memories, Mike, but it's time to move on.

20231027_150119.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom