Video replays in Dome last night (1 Viewer)

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Terrible. There were multiple big plays that we never got to see. The long pass to Watson down the sideline. The Julie Jones smack down fumble. Never a second look.

Video guy gets a huge F. I’ve never noticed lack of replay, but last night was bad.

Replays in the Dome have always been trash. Instead of using the broadcast's replays, they always use these cameras that are at field level where you can't see **** and half the time the camera operator isn't even following the action properly.

Replays in the Dome have always been trash. Instead of using the broadcast's replays, they always use these cameras that are at field level where you can't see **** and half the time the camera operator isn't even following the action properly.

This always irritates me. The camera angle is so focused in on the ball you can't see anything of the play. Add to that the odd aspect ratio of the screens that cut off the tops and bottoms of the video image and it's a bit of a bummer.

Can't believe it got no replay,

We finally got to see a replay when they do the "quarter highlights" video, but then it was only shown once. That play should have been in the screen 4-5 times minimum.

Both the Dome and the Arena seriously are in need of new video/audio talent.

Seems like the people they hire for this aren't really football/basketball fans. They have no clue on how these things are supposed to look.

Agree with all of this---too many times the crowd is looking up saying "WHERE'S THE REPLAY????"

I believe there is some "home cooking" on which replays are shown in the Dome. If there is a play that is in any way questionable and the call on the field goes the Saints way, I'm sure the video gang in the Dome makes sure the opposing head coach doesn't get a good look at the play before the next snap. Just think of it as part of the Dome field advantage. I always DVR home Saints games because I know we won't see some of the controversial plays on replay in the Dome.

That being said, all turnovers should be shown in replay in the Dome because those plays are automatically reviewed. There is no excuse for not replaying the Julicopter fumble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom